Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Give Me Your Feedback!

I've been doing the blog for a couple of months now, and I've really got quite a few recipes cranked out! I want to make sure that you, the readers, are enjoying it and getting what you want. The way I come up with my menu has changed a little bit since I've started. When I started the blog, I had just started couponing. So, I was really building almost the entire menu with the sale items. Now, since I have a stockpile, I get my inspiration from the Publix weekly ad, but use a lot of the items from my stockpile. I got discouraged when trying to pull the bulk of the menu from sale items. I was buying things that I didn't necessarily need just so I could get things posted for the blog. That kind of defeats the purpose of me couponing and stockpiling to save money!

Now, I start looking at the Sneak Peek Ad on IHeartPublix.com on Monday afternoons when Michelle gets it posted. I pull ideas from the sale items, go through my recipes, and decide on a menu. I'm not sure how much this is helping you though. Sure, there's recipes are on here, but are they really helping you plan shopping trips and giving you things to cook during the week when you shop? Or is it just something fun to read and put away for later?

I started clipping and collecting recipes about 6 years ago. I have a binder and folders FULL and have never really utilized them. I would get stuck in ruts and cook the same things over and over. This has really allowed me to try all of these recipes that I've been holding onto for so long.

This is where I need your feedback. Let me know what you think, what you need, what would be helpful for me to add. I do this because I love to cook, and I love to share good recipes that I find. I also do this because I want to show you that you can cook GREAT for your family while spending a lot less at the grocery stores. I really want to work with you to make this beneficial for all of us. Of course, I work full time and can't dedicate all of my time to the blog. If I could, I'm sure it would be fantastic! Let me know what you think!!

Comment below or send an email to fairhopefoodie@gmail.com

I would LOVE to hear what you think! I am doing this for you!

5 comments:

  1. I really love your blog and have told many others about it. I love that you use items that are on sale at Publix since we are all couponing and those are most probably the items we will all have. I think it is great for you to pull items from your stockpile also. Your recipes have ingredients that most of us would have anyway. I have made MANY of your recipes and love all of them. There are some I haven't had time to make yet, but still plan on trying them (those raspberry muffins! Yum!). I know it takes a lot of time and work to keep up a blog, so thank you--I always look forward to seeing what you're cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also LOVE your blog and have told my friends about it. Your recipes are great and easy. I love the homemade chewy granola bars and so do my 2 girls. I appreciate all of your time and effort in putting together this blog to help us out. I do tend to cook the same things all the time so this is a nice change. Thank you again and your time is greatly appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog. I haven't been able to try all of the recipes, but of the ones I have tried, they were all delicious. I did the chicken and egg burritos tonight and my boys asked for seconds. I also really like your Publix list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are my favorite person on the planet right now! It hurts my brain to come up with meals for my family. So thank you for sharing your gift and talent. If I had any suggestions, it would be for some "side's" ideas to go with the main dish. Thank you so much. I can't wait to work my way through all your recipes. They look wonderful. Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the suggestion Kelley! I will try to include that :)

    ReplyDelete