Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Once again, I have to say how much I enjoy Annie's Eats. That girl turns out some rockin' recipes. I really love the flavors of simple Mexican dishes. I'm a sucker for a packet of taco seasoning. Bring on the sodium! And not just any taco seasoning (I've tried them all). The best one, hands down, is the Old El Paso. I hope you've been printing the recent coupons on Coupons.com! I changed Annie's recipe up a bit and added some taco seasoning to the chicken. The random ingredient in this one is the Ranch dressing. Clay is not a fan of Ranch, so I didn't tell him it was in it. He didn't know the difference and loved it :) This is not your traditional enchiladas. This is quick, easy, creamy, cheesy, and delicious. The best part is its made from stockpile staples! Go ahead and put this one on the Menu this week. You know you want to!



4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup Ranch dressing
flour tortillas (I used the fajita size, about 12)
salsa
4 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)

Trim chicken breasts of excess fat and cut into bite-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet and saute the chicken until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add in taco seasoning and a few tablespoons of water. Cook chicken until all of the water is absorbed. Reduce the heat to low to keep warm.

Meanwhile, mix up the sauce. In a large bowl, combine half of the sour cream with half of the Ranch dressing. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sour cream and Ranch dressing. Stir both until well combined. Add the chicken to the large bowl and mix until the chicken is well coated.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 X 13-inch baking pan. Take one tortilla and top with a little less than 1 teaspoon of the sauce from the small bowl. Spread it around the tortilla like you would sauce on a pizza. Line the center of the tortilla with a row of the chicken mixture. Top the chicken with salsa and shredded cheese, to taste. Roll up the tortilla and place seam side down on the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas until the pan is full.

Spread some of the leftover sauce over the tops of the enchiladas and top with more cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until tortillas have reached desired crispness. Serve with Mexican rice and veggies if you like that kind of stuff.




Enjoy!



(adapted from Annie's Eats)

7 comments:

  1. ohhh that one does sounds good! I'm going to have to do that one for the ALL YOU grocery challenge -- super stockpile friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! Quick question - is the ranch the packet of mix or the bottle of dressing? Just checking since it is mixed with sour cream. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin- I used the bottled kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so making this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!! I am going to definately make these. I have everything already. Amazing. Yay for stockpiling. I still have shredded cheese!! Can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, Shelley, I can't believe you still have shredded cheese! I ran out ages ago (not to mention I let those dang coupons expire!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out really good. Not too sure about how healthy it is...but it was too good not to try. Thank you so much for the recipe! My husband loves it when I come home and say I have a new recipe to try from your site :) Never lets us down. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete