Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Menu 6/9

Are you ready for another week with the Fairhope Foodie? I've been gone for too long! I just couldn't seem to get my groove back. I must say that it was a much needed break and I'm excited to get back into my schedule. I'm going to play with the Menus the next couple of weeks and see what works. I may cut down on the amount of "new" cooking I do each week and link older recipes as well. We'll see how it goes. For now, let's get on with it!

Here is what I plan to cook this week:

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups (Thurs 6/10)
Cranberry Scones (Sat 6/12)
Baked Garlic Rice Pilaf (Sun 6/13)
Asparagus with Tomatoes and Feta (Sun 6/13)
Maple Butter Blondies (Sun 6/13)
Chicken Edamame Rice Bowls (Mon 6/14)
Black Olive Turkey Burgers (Tues 6/15)

Alright...did I say I was going to cut back on the recipes. Well, it looks like I lied :) Here's to another week!

I will post the recipe and pictures after I make them on the designated day. To make it easier to cook with me, I decided to include a recipe ingredient break-down to make your shopping a bit easier. The items marked with an (*) refer to a sale item this week at Publix. I'm pulling most of this from my stockpile this week because Publix wasn't looking spectacular. I have a great stockpile to work with so I'm using up what I've got. My Menus may not correspond exactly with the sale ad of the week, but its going to be all things (or mostly things) that I've gotten with coupons or sales. I'm very proud of my grocery store deals and I love being able to cook with them.

And don't for get to use my Recipe Index and Archives to find a recipe for an ingredient you have on hand. I am in the process of getting them broken down further to better help you find ingredients. You can also type in a term in the search box in the upper right hand corner to pull up past entries. Sometimes this is a hit-or-miss method though. I've used it searching for recipes that I KNOW are there, and not had any luck finding them. But, it works most of the time :)

And if you're shopping Publix, don't forget your $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon! (try zip 95677, radius 50 miles)


Bacon, Eggs and Toast Cups (Thursday)
bacon
bread
shredded cheese
eggs


Cranberry Lemon Scones (Saturday)
lemon
all purpose flour
sugar
baking powder
salt
butter
craisins
egg
heavy cream


Baked Garlic Rice Pilaf (Sunday)
butter
garlic cloves
long-grain white rice
chicken broth
lemon juice


Asparagus with Tomatoes and Feta (Sunday)
asparagus
olive oil
shallot
tomatoes
feta cheese


Maple Butter Blondies (Sunday)
butter
walnuts
all purpose flour
baking powder
baking soda
salt
light brown sugar
eggs
vanilla extract
chocolate chips
maple syrup
heavy cream
ice cream (optional, but a MUST at my house!)


Chicken Edamame Stir-Fry (Monday)
linguine noodles
2 chicken breasts (I'm using tenders)
cornstarch
vegetable oil
onion
garlic
cabbage
edamame (I bought mine frozen, shelled at Publix on sale)
rice vinegar (I may find a substitution)
soy sauce


Black Olive Turkey Burgers (Tuesday)
ground turkey
black olives
parsley
cumin


Its going to be nice getting back in my kitchen. I've done quick, easy meals this last week or so. I'm ready to try out some new recipes and get some feedback from all of you!

Thanks for sticking with me through my vacation time. Glad to see some of you are still around :) Hopefully scheduling will work out and I'll get these posted on time. And don't forget, if you're really wanted a recipe before my scheduled day to post it, send me an e-mail at fairhopefoodie@gmail.com and I can send it to you!


Tonight I made Taco Puffs. I changed it up a bit by using the Grands, Jr. biscuits. Because they were smaller I didn't halve them. I also used my makeshift paper town holder and rolled them out instead of using my hands. I had some leftover Spanish Rice so I added that to the bottom of the cups before adding the meat. They were Yum-O!! If you haven't tried them put them on the list. Publix has Grands biscuits on sale this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment