Monday, June 21, 2010

Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce

I stocked up on chicken breasts last week at Bruno's. The boneless, skinless breasts were on sale for $1.99 lb. When you see them at that price, I suggest cleaning your freezer out and making room for some chicken! I've tried doing the whole chicken when I made the Curry Chicken. Not my style. I will do boneless, skinless chicken breasts for just about any chicken recipe. Next time I make the Curry Chicken, I am using breasts. Its just so much easier for me. I liked this recipe because it took a simple sauteed chicken breast like I always cook, and topped it with a delicious Dijon Cream Sauce. I bought the Dijon the other day when I made the Meatloaf Burgers . This was so quick and easy, and elegant enough for company. I served it with Baked Garlic Rice Pilaf and green beans. So yummy!



4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1-2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh parsley

Trim chicken breasts of excess fat and pound slightly to tenderize and even out the meat. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.

Add the chicken stock to the skillet, scraping up any brown bits. Whisk in the cream and mustard. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley. Pour over chicken breasts and serve.




Enjoy!



(adapted from Let's Dish)

2 comments:

  1. Made this tonight with baked zucchini and new potatoes it was fantastic! It was so quick and easy which is great when a two year old is holding onto your leg! Just wanted to thank you for this great recipe. Eveyone at my house enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found you by a google image search, and so glad I did! was in Fairhope last week, can't wait to read all your recipes. If they are like this one, there's hope for me yet! :)

    ReplyDelete