Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bacon & Egg French Toast Sandwich

I bought some of the Aunt Jemima French Toast when it was on sale at Publix. Ella and I had some for breakfast one morning, and I wasn't impressed. But I had a fabulous idea to make it into a egg sandwich with bacon and maple syrup. Now, that was something that I could enjoy! So, it was born.



2 slices Aunt Jemima French Toast (toasted)
2 eggs
2 slices of bacon
maple syrup
cheese

Toast 2 slices of the Aunt Jemima French Toast in the toaster. Pull out and drizzle with maple syrup. Cook 2 slices of bacon. (I cook mine in the microwave).

Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Crack 2 eggs in the skillet and start to scramble with a spatula. When the eggs start to firm up, shape to the size of the bread. Flip like a pancake and cook the other side. Top with cheese.

Assemble sandwich with the egg and bacon. Top with the other slice of French Toast.

For a little something extra, sprinkle with powdered sugar and extra maple syrup!


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment