Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Fairhope Foodie

Thank you so much for checking out my new site! I am so excited about this. I have been wanting to be able to share my recipes and pure passion for food itself with everyone, but just never quite knew how to get it going. Several weeks ago a couple of my friends told me about The Bargain Buggy and Eastern Shore Mom. If you haven't checked out their websites, you must do so. I am amazed at how many deals there are out there if you just use the tools given to you on sites like these.

The main thing for me has been my savings so far on my weekly grocery bill. Publix in Fairhope is Heaven on Earth. When maximizing your savings, you have to use coupons on the items already on sale. This means that I am trying new foods and trying to find new ways to incorporate these items into my weekly menu. I used to be the type to make out a Weekly Menu and then go shop at Wal-mart. $200 later I am home with a kitchen full of groceries and a depleted bank account. We were spending atleast $800 a month at Wal-mart. Well, not anymore!

I am hoping with this site to be able to take what's on sale in the grocery and drug stores that week and post delicious meals for us all to enjoy.

Thank you for being a part of this new and exciting part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment