Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cranberry-Pecan Turkey Salad

I don't know about you, but we always have TONS of turkey leftover. This year, I am trying to come up with new ways to re-invent our turkey leftovers. My Mother-in-law suggested a Turkey Salad. This recipe combines classic Thanksgiving flavors that you can squish between two slices of bread. Or, if you're on carb- overload from Thursday, then serve yours on a bed of greens! If you don't have dried cranberries on hand, you could put a slice or a dollop of your cranberry dish from Thanksgiving dinner on the sandwich. Anything for that little bit of tart-sweetness.

6 cups cooked turkey meat, chopped
3 eggs, boiled and chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans
3 ribs celery, diced
3 green onions, thinly sliced (I omit these)
1 cup mayo (adjust to the consistency you like)

Stir together chopped cooked turkey, eggs, cranberries, pecans, celery, and onions. Add mayo and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill up to 3 days.

**When I make this Friday morning, I'll post a picture!

(adapted from Southern Living)

No comments:

Post a Comment