Monday, November 30, 2009

Fish Stick Po-boys and Sweet Potato Fries

If you want a way to eat fish sticks that doesn't remind you of elementary school, then try them in a grown-up style po-boy. My oldest daughter loves them, and I thought this would be a way to incorporate dinner for all of us without having to cook two different things. The fish sticks were B1G1 this week at Publix, and I got the Chicago Hard Rolls 6/$1.99. I love to keep frozen sweet potato fries in the freezer. They are one of the two things that I go to Sam's to get- the Alexia frozen sweet potato fries and the Birds Eye frozen whole green beans. They are perfect for getting dinner ready in a hurry, and the closest thing to farmers market fresh I have found. I think they're worth the extra trip to Sam's.



For 4 Po-boys:

16-20 Fish Sticks (depending on your rolls)
4 Rolls
Lettuce/Tomato
Quick Tartar Sauce (recipe at the bottom)

Cook the fish sticks according to package directions. While the fish sticks are cooking, begin assembling your sandwiches. Split the buns. Layer tarter sauce on the bottom. Stack 2-3 tomato slices on the bottoms, and the lettuce on the top. Finish with 4-5 fish sticks, depending on the size of your rolls.

Serve with sweet potato fries.

Quick Tartar Sauce:

1 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup sweet relish
1 tbsp lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Serve with seafood.



I hope you enjoy this fun spin on dinner. Enjoy!

1 comment: