Friday, November 13, 2009

Stuffed Chicken Shells

This is another great recipe that utilizes ingredients that are on sale this week at Publix. The Campbell's soup ($.80 each + coupon HERE), Mueller's pasta (B1G1), and Stovetop Stuffing (B1G1). I received this recipe from one of my Mom's Bunko friends on an online recipe swap a couple of years ago. It is so good. I have also made this and divided the stuffed shells in freezer bags and put in the freezer for an easy pre-made weeknight meal. Just top it with the soup right before baking!

4 chicken breasts
1 Box Jumbo Shells
3 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup (I use 98% fat free)
1 1/2 can Water
1 Cup Mayo (I use light)
1 Cup Sour Cream (I use light)
1 Box Stovetop Stuffing

Cook chicken, shred or dice. Prepare stuffing mix. Add chicken, sour cream and mayo. Cook shells. Stuff with chicken mixture. Layer stuffed shells in a single layer in a 13 X 9 baking dish. Mix soup with 1 1/2 cans of water. Pour soup mixture over shells. Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

(If frozen: layer frozen shells in a single layer, cover with soup/water mixture, cover with foil, and bake in 350 degree oven for 90 minutes or until bubbly.)

This is great served with green beans or a light salad. You guys are going to love this one. Its a favorite in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment