Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cheesy Chicken

Chicken is always in my freezer. I buy the chicken breasts when I find them on sale. I trim them up, freeze in individual zippy bags, and thaw in the sink when I want them. This is a versatile recipe that could be done with a variety of cheeses. I've cut chunks off of a block of cheese several times, and tonight I used Laughing Cow wedges. I decided to post this recipe, though, because Publix has Rondele Cheese Spread B1G1. That would be a wonderful cheese to try this with. I found this recipe on a friend's blog. I changed it up a bit to work with my busy, quick-cooking weeknight meals. A link to the original recipe is at the bottom. Try this one. I promise, you'll love it!



2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons cheese spread (about 1-1/2 each)
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil

Pound chicken breasts to about 1/4" thickness. I put mine in a gallon zippy bag to make for easy clean-up. Take out and season both sides with kosher salt and black pepper. Spread about 1-1/2 tablespoon of cheese spread on each chicken breast. Roll up and seal with toothpicks.

Heat olive oil, about a tablespoon, in a large skillet. Sear all sides of the chicken to brown. Transfer to a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes to cook through.

Enjoy!

(adapted from Cook Like a Champion)

4 comments:

  1. You could also use this idea for leftover ham. Just add a thin slice of ham before you add your cheese and have a different version of cordon blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yum! I will definitely try that. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could also try rolling the cheesey chicken in french fried onions before you bake it. I did that tonight and it was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Rondele is some GOOD stuff!!! I love trying new things when they are on sale. :)

    ReplyDelete