Thursday, April 29, 2010

Curry Chicken Salad

I knew that I would have a lot of leftover chicken from the Curry Chicken Tuesday night. What better way to use it than chicken salad. And what better than Curry Chicken to make Curry Chicken Salad! I'm kind of hooked on that curry flavor now after having it in the chicken Tuesday night and the Chicken Cranberry Couscous I made a couple of weeks ago. Clay really likes it too! I whipped this salad up last night and brought it for lunch on a ciabatta roll today. I love the sweetness of the grapes. It really balances out the spice of the curry. I almost wish I had put some chopped nuts in it. Some pecans or walnuts maybe. Oh well, there's always next time! I held back on some of the curry powder in the recipe since my chicken was cooked in a curry sauce. When I shredded the chicken, I stirred some of the curry "gravy" in it before making the chicken salad. Yummy! This would be great between two slices of bread or in the pita pockets that are B1G1 this week at Publix. If you're watching your carbs, chicken salad is great served in lettuce cups! Endless possibilities. I still can't get Clay to eat it though.



2 medium oranges or 1 11-oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek-style)
2 teaspoons soy sauce (I used a little less)
1 teaspoon curry powder

If using fresh oranges, peel and slice; halve or quarter each slice. In a large mixing bowl combine oranges, chicken, grapes and celery.

For dressing, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, yogurt, soy sauce and curry powder. Pour dressing over chicken mixture; toss lightly to coat. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.



Enjoy!



(adapted from Better Homes & Gardens)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading and trying recipes from your blog! Thank you for sharing. Question...do you have a great recipe for regular chicken salad? Would love to try it if you do! Everything you make looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete