Sunday, April 18, 2010

An Unexpected Absence

Were you looking forward to the Creamy Peanut Butter Dip? Or the Blueberry Baked French Toast? I was too! Things didn't quite go as planned this weekend, so I have included the links below to those recipes.

My youngest daughter, Emme, who is seven months old, got sick last week. She came home from school Wednesday with a fever. We took her to the doctor that afternoon and they prescribed antibiotics for a double ear infection. She was not doing any better by Friday, actually worse, so I took her back to the doctor. Friday morning they said it was pneumonia and they gave her a shot of antibiotics. That afternoon I had one of those maternal instincts that something still wasn't right with her. We were at the Emergency Room by 5:00. Her test for RSV came back positive and they admitted her to keep a watch on her oxygen levels. She stayed on oxygen the first night but was able to breathe well on her own without it by Saturday morning. Her fever finally started to come down also. I am very happy to say that she is doing MUCH better! I am not very happy to say that we are still at the hospital. I am currently in the "WiFi lounge" typing this! She still is having a hard time keeping down the formula because of the mucus in her chest. We are diluting it with pedialyte and it seems to be helping. As soon as she eats better, we will be going home. I am hoping it will be tomorrow morning.

I was a little bummed with the timing because I was looking forward to a beach weekend with The Bargain Buggy and Eastern Shore Mom. Nothing like trading a weekend at a condo for a weekend at the hospital! I am just so glad that we came to the hospital when we did and things did not get any worse. I knew my baby was sick! But, boy, let me tell you...I sure do miss my cooking! I need to get down in that cafeteria and teach those folks a thing or two :) Good thing I've got lots of trail mix in my stockpile. Its been great for snacking!

I will get back into a schedule as soon as I can. I will stay home with her for a couple of days when we get out of here and then my mother-in-law is keeping her. I don't want her going back to school this week. She needs to be at full strength!

Please keep us in your prayers for a speedy recovery. Emme is such a joyful baby. It was so hard to see her so sick! In the meantime, let me leave you with links to the recipes I was planning to make this week.


Until we meet again...


Creamy Peanut Butter Dip

Blueberry Baked French Toast

Pork Tenderloin with Orange Marmalade

Oatmeal Crusted Tilapia

6 comments:

  1. I am glad Emme is doing better and will keep you all in my prayers. Thank you for taking the time to update your readers. Love the site!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I've been following your blog for a while now and LOVE it! Thank you for all the awesome recipes and coupon tips;) So sorry to hear about your little girl. Will be praying for a quick recovery and for great encouragement for you today. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaina- so sorry to hear your youngest has been so ill! I love reading your blog. My family thanks you for getting me motivated to try new things and prepare better meals for all of us. Hope that Emme heals quickly and that you are able to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I read your blog several times a week, and I have a 4 month old son myself. You must have been so scared! I am so glad she is doing better. I hope by now she is as good as new!
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for a speedy recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of yourself and your family...I will be eagerly awaiting your yummy recipe return!

    ReplyDelete