Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Menu 4/14

I'm getting a late start on the Menu this week. My brain just won't think. I was having a hard time this week for some reason! I am going out of town this weekend with some girlfriends, but I will be posting some recipes. One that I'm really excited about is the Creamy Peanut Butter Dip! And the Blueberry Baked French Toast is going to be pretty awesome. There are some great deals this week at Publix. Be sure to check out the match-ups at IHeartPublix. I'm going to get my shopping list together and probably go Thursday. I left Thursday open because I was trying to find a Pad Thai recipe that was slightly pantry-friendly. No crazy ingredients in this house! I've got packing and cooking to do for the trip, so I may get that done Thursday evening. I don't think my husband would mind eating cereal! Here's what I was thinking for this week...

Maple Pecan Chicken with Mashed Sweet Potatoes- Wed 4/14
Raisin Bran Muffins- Thurs 4/15
Creamy Peanut Butter Dip- Sat 4/17
Classic Pasta Salad- Sat 4/17 (old recipe for trip)
The Best Blueberry Muffins- Sat 4/17 (old recipe for trip)
Blueberry Baked French Toast- Sun 4/18
Oatmeal Crusted Tilapia- Mon 4/19
Pork Tenderloin with Onion Marmalade- Tues 4/20

**I was not able to complete this week's Menu. See Post Here.

Here is the ingredient break-down. The (*) represents a sale item at Publix. I have also included a link to some printable coupons! Be sure to check out IHeartPublix for all coupon match-ups or CouponsMakeCents for a coupon database resource!

And don't forget to take your $5/$25 coupon if you're shopping Publix. This coupon is great because it covers your tax for the trip! There is a one available on RedPlum. Try using zip code 95677 if you don't see it and change your radius to 50 miles.


Maple Pecan Chicken with Mashed Sweet Potatoes:


boneless skinless chicken breasts* (I'm using tenders)
maple syrup (or maple flavored syrup)
mayonnaise
panko bread crumbs
pecans
sweet potatoes
butter (rebate here: Smart Balance B1G1 this week)
cinnamon (Publix coupon)
sugar


Raisin Bran Muffins:

Raisin Bran Cereal (1/2 of a box) *
salt
flour
vegetable oil * (or applesauce)
brown sugar
granulated sugar
eggs (2)
vanilla
baking soda
buttermilk (2 cups)

**I saw this on Joy the Baker this morning and thought I would squeeze it in! So, that means no Pad Thai Thursday :) This batter can sit in the fridge for up to a week, so you can have fresh muffins all week long!


Creamy Peanut Butter Dip:

vanilla yogurt * (coupon)
peanut butter * (coupon)
cinnamon
Cool Whip


Baked Blueberry French Toast:

2 bags Stacy's pita chips (simply naked) *
eggs
milk
heavy cream
sugar
vanilla
blueberries (optional)
all purpose flour
brown sugar
cinnamon (Publix coupon)
salt
butter (rebate here: Smart Balance B1G1 this week)


Oatmeal Crusted Tilapia:

regular flavored instant oatmeal * (coupon)
panko bread crumbs
tilapia fillets *
olive oil
? Still missing this recipe, so I may have to wing-it!


Pork Tenderloin with Onion Marmalade:

pork tenderloin *
olive oil
salt and pepper
butter (rebate here: Smart Balance B1G1 this week)
sweet onions (2) *
ground cumin (Publix coupon)
orange (1) *
honey


I am also making two older recipes to take to the beach with us. I thought I would link them in case you missed them the first time:

Classic Pasta Salad:

rotini pasta * (coupon)
carrots *
red and green peppers
olives (coupon)
cheese * (coupon)
Italian dressing
chicken breasts *



The Best Blueberry Muffins:

butter
sugar
vanilla
sour cream (coupon)
milk
all purpose flour
baking powder
baking soda (coupon)
salt
blueberries (fresh or frozen)
cranberries (optional)


Really looking forward to getting away this weekend! I hope you all like the Menu this week. My husband is mad he is going to miss out on the French Toast and Peanut Butter Dip!



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your sight through Iheartsavingmoney...and I love it! Funny thing is, it's very similar to my sight that I'm just starting up here in Pennsylvania (menues and sale matchups for our local grocery store...since we don't have a publix :( ) Would you be able to explain to me how you link your recipes so that people can just click on them to open to another page? my site is very congested and think that links would definitely help folks navigate a little easier. Thanks,
    angiesmith@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete