Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu 4/5

I hope everybody had a wonderful Easter! I had a great time with my family, and the food was FANTASTIC! If you had a chance to make some of the recipes I hope they were as good for you as they were for me. That Oat Topped Sweet Potato Crisp was awesome. Thanks for the recipe Dawn! This week's sale at Publix runs a little longer because of the Easter holiday. I've come up with some recipes this week that are a little bit healthier and use a lot of fresh produce. I have to be in a bathing suit in two weeks...so no more cream cheese!

Hot Dog Pizza-Dillas- Mon 4/5
Zucchini, Sausage & Feta Casserole- Tues 4/6
Garden Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette- Wed 4/7
Chicken Zucchini Alfredo (Low Fat)- Thurs 4/8 (didn't make this!)
Crispy Apricot Pork Chops with Roasted Potatoes- Fri 4/9
Zucchini Oat Bread- Sat 4/10
Cranberry Chicken Couscous- Sun 4/11
Bean, Corn & Tortilla Salad- Mon 4/12 (didn't make this!)


I am also going to do the ingredient breakdown a little bit different. I am going to separate the ingredients out by recipe so that you can shop accordingly. I will still post the recipes after I make them. If you are dying to try a recipe before I post it, PLEASE feel free to e-mail me at fairhopefoodie (at) gmail (dot) com and I will be happy to send it to you! The ingredients with the (*) next to them indicate a sale item at Publix.

Hot Dot Pizza-Dillas:

4 beef hot dogs *
4 10-inch flour tortillas
1/4 cup salsa *
1/4 cup ketchup
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese *
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese *


Zucchini, Sausage & Feta Casserole:

2-1/2 cups short-tube pasta (elbows or ziti)
8 oz chicken sausage
5 cups zucchini (about 1-1/2 lbs) *
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella *


Garden Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette:

3 tablespoons fresh orange juice *
1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
1-1/2 cups zucchini *
1-1/2 cups yellow squash *
1 cup corn kernels *
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley *
1 tablespoon basil *


Chicken Zucchini Alfredo:

2 garlic cloves
2 zucchini *
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
12 oz. fettuccine (or similar pasta)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup evaporated non-fat milk
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh parsley *


Crispy Apricot Pork Chops and Roasted Potatoes:

2 slices multi-grain sandwich bread
4 pork loin chops, about 1-inch thick *
salt and pepper
4 teaspoons apricot jam
red potatoes
olive oil *


Zucchini Oat Bread:

1-1/2 cups sugar
ground cinnamon
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup oats
baking powder
salt
baking soda
3 eggs
1 cup applesauce *
1/4 cup butter
vanilla
2 cups zucchini *
1 cup walnuts or pecans
3/4 cup raisins


Chicken Cranberry Couscous:

1 10-oz. box couscous *
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
curry powder
salt
3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 small onion
2 ribs celery
1/4 cup cranberries (I'm using craisins) *
1/3 cup evaporated milk


Bean, Corn and Tortilla Salad:

1 can pinto beans (I'm using black beans)
2 cups corn kernels (frozen, fresh or canned) *
1/4 cup salsa *
1 cup scallions
1 avocado
3 plum tomatoes
salt and pepper
1 bag romaine hearts *
3 cups tortilla chips
3/4 cup shredded cheese *


I hope this helps everybody! Tonight the recipe is for the kiddos- Hot Dog Pizza-Dillas...


3 comments:

  1. I like the way you broke down the ingredients. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the ingredients break down in much easier on the eyes! me like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the breakdown! So helpful!

    ReplyDelete