Saturday, December 26, 2009

Brownie Banana Splits

I am obviously not starting my diet until after the New Year! I saw the Blue Bell Ice Cream and bananas on sale at Publix this week, so I knew I had to make something like this. I didn't decide to add the brownies until last minute. What could it hurt, right? Just my waistline. This was so good. The one upside- my dessert cups do help with portion control. A cereal bowl would be much worse! Play around with this. This recipe is another one of those "method" recipes. Try this with pound cake cubes, cake, brownies, etc. This is a great dessert to throw together for company using whatever ingredients you have on-hand.



For one cup:

4 1-inch brownie cubes
1/2 banana cut in strips
4 strawberries, cut in chunks
1 scoop ice cream
Cool Whip

Place brownie cubes at the bottom of a cup. Layer with ice cream, bananas, then strawberries. Top with a dollop of Cool Whip. If you really want to blow your diet, drizzle with chocolate syrup like my husband did after I took the picture! Yummy!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment