Monday, December 14, 2009

Sunday Pot Roast Times Two

I don't usually cook many things in the crock pot. I am gone from 7:30 to 5:30 during the week, so I think that's too long even for the crock pot. The couple of things that I have tried haven't turned out very good. That's why I was planning on doing this Sunday. But, Christmas shopping got the better of me! I am going to give you two different versions. I was planning on making Marilyn's because I had the soups on hand. I will post a picture if I get around to making it. But, let me tell you, it is delicious!

Marilyn's Crock Pot Roast:

1 boneless roast (chuck- about 1-2 lbs)
2 cans "Cream Of" soup (chicken, mushroom, celery, etc.)
1 large onion, quartered
potatoes, medium chunks
carrots, medium chunks or baby carrots

Season your meat with salt and pepper and put in the crock pot and cover with two cans of soup. Quarter the onion and drop in. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

After 8 hours, add in chunks of potatoes and carrots (or baby carrots). Cook for an additional 2-1/2 hours.

Enjoy!

(from Marilyn Ammons)


Cara's Crock Pot Roast:

1 boneless roast (sirloin or rump- 1-2 lbs.)
2 packets McCormick Brown Gravy
1 bag baby carrots
2 potatoes, large chunks
1 white onion, large chunks

Sear the meat in a skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, put the two gravy packs in the bottom of the crock pot and mix with 3 pack-fulls of water. Put in the roast, then top with the potatoes, onions and carrots. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Halfway through cooking time turn the meat over and baste with the sauce. To stretch, you can serve it with Mac and Cheese, green beans, or saffron rice. When serving, you can take the "juice" from the bottom of the crock pot and reduce in a skillet on the stove top to serve as gravy.

Enjoy!

(from Cara Dube)

No comments:

Post a Comment