Friday, December 18, 2009

Easy Stuffed Shells

I love quick, easy, family-friendly meals. This was was a crowd pleaser. It has been hard to get Ella to eat anything of substance lately, and she loved the meatballs in this! I had some meatballs in my freezer, but Publix did have some on sale this week. Prego pasta sauce is also B1G1. If some of you saw the article in the paper several weeks ago, this recipe was featured. I didn't take the time to thaw the meatballs this time. I also put an 8-oz. can of tomato sauce in the bottom of the dish instead of the spaghetti sauce. I put the whole 26-oz. jar on top (and if you get the big Prego jar on sale this week, by all means put more sauce!) I also changed up the cheese. I had some colby jack opened and also used some sharp white cheddar. We love cheese, so I always have lots of different ones on hand. Oh, and something else worth mentioning, Winn Dixie has their 8-oz. blocks of Kraft cheese on sale B1G1 for $2.99. If you use it with the COUPON HERE you can get each block for $1.00!



1 12-oz package jumbo shells
1 26-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1 8-oz. can tomato sauce (or extra spaghetti sauce)
36 frozen cooked Italian meatballs, thawed (I kept mine frozen)
2 cups shredded mozzarella (or whatever you have on hand)
Parmesan Cheese

Cook pasta shells according to package directions, cooking until they're al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place tomato sauce or 1/2 cup extra spaghetti sauce in a greased 13X9 baking dish. Place a meatball in each pasta shell; transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with the jar of spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheese.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes (45 minutes if frozen). Uncover; bake 10 minutes (20 if frozen) or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.



Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment