Monday, December 14, 2009

Macaroon Kisses

These little cookies look so delicious! I have not made these yet, but I will be making these as soon as I get a chance. I may even make them for the girls' Christmas party at school this Friday. These cookies use several of the ingredients I have on hand from the last few weeks' grocery store sales (i.e. cream cheese, flaked coconut, and kisses). The photo is what drew me to this recipe. I love coconut and chocolate! And check out the reviews from the link at the bottom. Yummy!


(Photo: Taste of Home)

1/3 cup butter, softened
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons almond extract (I'm using vanilla)
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups flaked coconut, divided
48 milk chocolate kisses
course sugar

In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in egg yolk and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.

Roll into 1-inch balls and roll in the remaining coconut. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie; sprinkle with course sugar. Cool on pan for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Be sure to post a comment if you try these. I will update if I get around to making these for the party Friday!

**Update: I did end up making these for Ella's party Friday. They were not a favorite for the kids. However, all of the adults thought they were delicious! Next time I would love to make them with Almond Hershey's Kisses to taste like an Almond Joy! I didn't get a picture because I was up half the night baking them. I didn't coat them in raw sugar like the above picture did, but I did coat them with more coconut, so they had the same texture.


Enjoy!



(adapted from Taste of Home)

No comments:

Post a Comment