Monday, December 7, 2009

Sausage & Cheese Potato Casserole

I promise I didn't fall off the face of the Earth! I took a much needed break on Saturday and got some Christmas decorating done Sunday. My kitchen didn't get a complete break though. I used the other half of my cauliflower and made the mac and cheese again. So Yummy. And I made this breakfast casserole Sunday morning with the Bob Evans Home Fries that are B1G1 this week at Publix. I have to say, though, that I liked the Bagel and Egg Bake better. Even though the potatoes say "seasoned" I still think it needed little salt sprinkled over them in the pan. I baked it in a square Pampered Chef Stoneware pan, so it took a little longer to cook. I almost think its needs a couple more eggs, too. If you do add the eggs, bake it in the 9 X 13 because it would take too long for the center to get done in the smaller pan. If you bought the potatoes, its definitely worth trying. The boys in my house enjoyed it.



1 lb. sausage roll (I used Jimmy Dean)
1 20-oz. package Bob Evans Home Fries Diced Potatoes
6 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup parm
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet until browned. Drain off any drippings (drain well, or it will make for a greasy casserole). Spread potatoes in greased 13" X 9" baking pan (I used a square pan). Here, I would sprinkle the potatoes with a little salt and pepper. Top with cooked sausage and cheese (I used cheddar, and with the grease from the sausage, it was a little greasy for me. Maybe try colby jack or muenster). Whisk eggs, milk and salt & pepper together in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over sausage layer; bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Continue to bake for an additional 15 mintues or until eggs are set in the center. Refrigerate leftovers.


(adapted from Bob Evans Recipes)

No comments:

Post a Comment