Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Publix, Winn Dixie & Wal-mart 12/03

Some weeks I will shop multiple stores to get the most for my money. Usually, I just do Publix. This week there were some things we needed that weren't on sale, so I went to Wal-mart. And some things I wanted to get at Winn Dixie because I liked a few of their B1G1's. I still stayed under $63.00 for everything pictured below. Not bad!

Publix:




There weren't too many things that I needed at Publix this week. I did take advantage of some of the B1G1 items, and since I needed to get my total up (I was using $24 Walgreens RR) I got some necessities like milk and cheese.

What's in the Buggy:

(1) Gallon Publix 1% milk
(1) 6-pk Kozy Shack Rice Pudding
(2) Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
(2) Yoplait Dora Yogurt
(2) Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough
(2) Tam-X-ico's Flour Tortillas
(2) Kraft 16 oz. block cheese
(2) Bob Evans Home Fries
(1) Green Giant Canned Corn
(2) Ruffles Potato Chips
(2) Idaho Potatoes
(1) Lime
(1) Avacado
3.5 lbs. Braeburn Apples

Grand Total: $4.82
Savings: $57.43

I did use a $5/$25 Rite Aid and $24 in Walgreens RR


Winn Dixie:





There were a couple of the B1G1 items that I wanted to get from Winn Dixie. I only had coupons for the mayo, lunch meat, and bags. I still think I did pretty good, though. I know Publix had mayo B1G1 too, but I don't like the squeeze bottles.

What's in the Buggy:

3 lb. ground beef
(2) Hefty Quart 18 ct. zippy bags
(2) Gain Laundry Detergent- 31 load boxes
(2) Hormel Natural Choice Lunch Meat
(2) Bryan Cocktail Smokies- Great for the holidays!
(2) McCormick Vanilla Extract
(2) Hellman's Light Mayo

Grand Total: $34.11
Savings: $32.17



Wal-Mart:





We have been getting our dog and cat food at Wal-mart because I never have coupons for that and Wal-mar'ts base prices tend to be cheaper. I printed the $5/4 boxes Kellogg's cereal from the Target website and used it since Wal-mart (in Fairhope) now takes competitor's coupons. I know it wasn't the BEST deal, but Clay wanted Raisin Bran Crunch and it wasn't on sale any where else. The marshmallows were still on roll-back for $.75 (Rice Krispies Treats) and I am going to make some
Chicken Stuffed Shells to put in the freezer.

What's in the Buggy:


(2) Raisin Bran Crunch (big box- $2.25 Ea after Q)
(1) Apple Jacks (big box- $1.73 after Q)
(1) Rice Krispies (big box- $1.53 after Q)

(9) Pedigree Dog Food Cans ($1.08 Ea)

(2) Bags Mini Marshmallows

(2) Boxes Jumbo Shells


Grand Total: $23.52
Savings :$6.50 (with coupons and roll-back items)

So the Grand Total for all 3 Trips:

GRAND TOTAL: $62.45
TOTAL SAVINGS: $96.10 or 64%



I don't think I will ever get my grocery bill down as low as Shannon from The Bargain Buggy, but I am really proud of myself for getting it down as low as I have. I was spending upwards of $200 a week at Wal-mart. I now have more food in my house than I ever have. My fridge and freezer are full, my pantry is stocked, and I even have moved egg-crates of canned goods and such to the shelves in my laundry room! I have only been clipping coupons since Halloween and I am amazed at the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment