Friday, December 4, 2009

Taco Puffs

My friend, Alex, told me about this cool dinner idea one day at work. His wife, Amanda, makes them and I knew I had to try it one night. I've made them a couple of times, and they've been great each time. The best part about it is that I use my leftover taco meat. I always have some leftover from burritos and taco salads, and it always goes to waste in my fridge. This totally revamps it, and gives your leftovers a new spin! Of course, you don't have to use leftover taco meat. You could just half the recipe. But, I say make it all! Get a double-duty dinner out of this one! Pillsbury Grands Biscuits were 4/$5 this week at Publix. It fit in perfectly with my burrito sale items from last night. This week was meant for my Mexican dinners.



6 refrigerated biscuits
3 cups taco meat (approx. 1/4 cup per puff)
1-1/2 cups shredded cheese
lettuce (optional)
sour cream (optional)
salsa (optional)
olives (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Take 6 refrigerated biscuits and half them horizontally. Take each half and flatten out with your hands and press into 12 greased muffin cups to form "shells". Put approximately 1/4 cup taco meat in each cup (the Pampered Chef Large Scoop works great for this!) Top each puff with shredded cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Let the puffs rest in the pan for atleast 5 minutes before removing. Top with desired toppings.

Thanks Alex and Amanda for sharing this with me! We really enjoy this in our house.


Enjoy!


(adapted from Amanda Patrick, Pensacola, FL)

No comments:

Post a Comment