Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tammy's Salad Dressing

Why do we have to do housework? Bathe the kids? Wash the dishes? Go to bed and get up in the morning and do it all over again? Tonight was one of those nights where the tasks of the day were overwhelming. So, even the simplest salad didn't get put on the table. Tonight was Hot Pockets and Dinosaur Nuggets! And, I'm still awake now waiting on the clothes to finish in the washing machine. So, forgive me for not posting the salad with dressing and croutons. I did, however, want to at least share the dressing. None of the ingredients were on sale this week, but it seems like there is always some type of bagged salad on special. So, put this dressing together and keep it in the fridge. It is my favorite. My Aunt Tammy makes it and shared it with my grandparents and its always in their fridge. I make mine in a plastic dressing container from Wal-mart. Pampered Chef also makes a really cool one!


Dressing:

1/2 cup sugar or 8 packets of Splenda (I use the Splenda)
2 tsp. black pepper
1-1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Accent (spice aisle)
1 teaspoon Mei Yen (spice aisle)
1/2 cup oil (I use vegetable, olive oil is too heavy)
1/2 cup cider vinegar
shake of garlic powder

Combine all of the powdered ingredients in your dressing container. Mix in the oil and vinegar and shake well. Keep in the refrigerator.

My favorite things to put on my salad with this dressing is cranberries, walnuts/pecans, mandarin oranges, chicken, cheese, grapes, chickpeas, etc. It has a slightly sweet taste to it, but the pepper is a nice balance. My grandmother says she has a hard time finding the Mei Yen. Mine is the Spice Islands brand.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment