Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies

I ran across this recipe the other day while visiting one of my favorite food blogs, Girl Gone Gourmet. She really has some great recipes, and this was no exception. I saw the picture and knew I had to make these. Perfect timing too, because I had just bought two more cans of the quick-cooking oats from Walgreens when they were on sale. I ended up paying $.50 a can after coupons! You can do more with oatmeal then just cooking a good breakfast. Although, the Cranberry Vanilla Oatmeal I made a couple of weeks ago was really good! This recipe stood out because I had everything on hand including the chocolate chunks from another Publix B1G1 sale before the holidays. I've stayed in my jammies all day, and curling up in my chair with a glass of milk, these cookies and my laptop was my ideal Saturday afternoon!



1-1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another large bowl cream the butter and two sugars until smooth and creamy. Add in the vanilla and eggs and continue to mix until the ingredients are well combined. With the mixer on low, add in the dry ingredients along with the milk. Mix until a stiff dough forms and then fold in the chocolate and nuts.

Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto greased cookie sheets and space about an inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges. Allow to cool on the pan slightly before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.

Makes 3 dozen cookies.



Enjoy!


(adapted from GirlGoneGourmet.com)




1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I've been looking for a good oatmeal cookie recipe..this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete