Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ranch Sour Cream Flatbread Tacos

I know we all stocked up on the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing while it was B1G1 this week. I also stocked up on the Pillsbury Biscuits, so when I saw this recipe in Taste of Home I knew I had to give it a whirl. Its the same basic concept as my other "taco" dishes, but I LOVED the idea of using the biscuits to make flatbread. It was so yummy!



1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
1 lb. ground beef
1 15-oz can black beans (or pinto beans)
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 cup salsa (or one can diced tomatoes, undrained)
1 tube large refrigerated biscuits (8)

Toppings:
Shredded Cheese
Shredded Lettuce
Extra Salsa
Sliced Olives
Avacado with Lime (Yum)

In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and ranch dressing. Chill until ready to serve.

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain off any excess fat. Add the beans (drained) salsa and taco seasoning. Heat through. Cover and simmer over low.

Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6-inch circle. In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm in a 200 degree oven. Work with these one at a time. Roll one out and put in the skillet. While that one is cooking roll the other one out. Roll them out as thin as you can. You want them to cover the bottom of your small skillet.



Yes, you are looking at that picture right. I, for some reason, do not own a rolling pin. I deconstruct my paper towel holder when I need to roll something out! It gets the job done!

To serve, spread each flatbread with 1 tablespoon ranch sour cream; top with 1/4 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with desired toppings. You can even leave them flat and build almost like a pizza.



Enjoy!


(adapted from Taste of Home)

3 comments:

  1. I found that same recipe in Taste of Home and have made it twice now and WE LOVE IT!!! SO incredibly tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the Ragu Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza recipe (just do a googel). Simple to make and so very tasty!! Last time I did it I followed the recipe. this week I intend to add mushrooms and spinach instead of the broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these tonight; yummy and easy way to
    make fry bread. Thanks for the recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete