Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Publix and Wal-mart Trip 1/27

I decided to break up the trips today. I do most, if not all, of my grocery shopping at Publix every week. I pull the inspiration for my Menu from the Publix sale ad. I will occassionally wander to Winn Dixie or Wal-mart if there's something good on sale, or if I need something that's not on sale (Wal-mart generally has cheaper base prices). I needed several non-sale items today, so I thought it would be worth my time to make two trips. I also went through the Wal-mart deals posted on Couponing to Disney. Pretty good trips. I didn't have as many coupons as I would have liked to, but I think I did pretty well considering!


(Publix and Wal-mart combined)

Publix:

Order Total: $9.40
Sales Tax: $3.12
Grand Total: $12.52
Savings: $63.63

What's in the Buggy:

(1) El Monterrey Burritos (not pictured)
(1) Half Gallon Publix Chocolate Milk
(2) Gallons Publix Milk
(4) Yoplait Yo-Plus Yogurt
(4) Pillsbury Toaster Strudels (not pictured)
(1) Publix Hot Dog Buns
(2) Prego Pasta Sauce
(2) Hidden Valley Dressing
(2) Nabisco Grahams
(2) 6-pk Craisin Snacks
(1) Oscar Mayer Beef Franks
(1) 1.5 lb. Nectarines
(1) Fresh Attitude Baby Spinach

Coupons Used:

(1) $5 any El Monterrey Product (Facebook)
(1) FREE half gallon chocolate milk WYB 2 gallons
(4) $1/1 Yo-Plus Yogurt
(4) $1/1 Pillsbury Toaster Strudels
(2) $1/1 Hidden Valley Dressing
(1) $2/2 Nabisco Crackers
(1) $5/$25 Rite Aid
(1) $10 Walgreens RR (Tostitos Deal)


Wal-mart:

Grand Total: $28.65
Coupon Savings: $3.75

What's in the Buggy:

(1) Bag of Sweet Onions
(1) Parsley
(3) Bananas
(1) No-Yolk Egg Noodles
(1) Great Value Lasagna Noodles
(1) Kraft Parmesan Cheese
(1) Great Value Black Beans
(2) Cheese Nips
(1) Great Value Heavy Cream
(1) Great Value Ricotta Cheese
(1) Puff Pastry
(1) 6-0z. Post AlphaBits
(1) McCormick Curry Powder
(1) Great Value Cereal Bars
(1) 16-oz. Block Mozzarella Cheese

Coupons Used:

(1) $1/1 Kraft Parmesan Cheese
(1) $2/2 Nabiso Crackers
(1) $.75/1 No-Yolk Nooldes



Grand Total Today: $41.17
Total Savings Today: $67.38


1 comment: