Monday, January 25, 2010

Publix Sneak Peek 1/27 and Menu

Michelle has the sneak peek up at I Heart Publix! There are some great deals this week! Not a whole lot in the dairy and meat categories. A lot of the good deals are on the pre-packaged and processed foods. I will be pulling some from my stockpile this week. I listed the sale ingredients from this weeks' ad as well as the main ingredients for the recipes that I'll be pulling from my stockpile. Hopefully this will help you with your shopping trip if you plan to make any of these with me this week! I am also planning a trip to the famers market to price compare some of the produce needed. This week may be a little more out-of-pocket because I do have a few things that will not be on sale. Don't forget to go to Publix.com to print out your shopping list tomorrow, or try Michelle's grocery spreadsheet on I Heart Publix!


Here's the Menu I plan to post this week:

Pasta Carbonara Florentine (Wednesday 1/27)
Nectarine Puffs (Thursday 1/28)
Lasagna Roll-ups (Friday 1/29)
Kids' Yogurt Cups (Saturday 1/30)
Kids' Pizza Pockets (Saturday 1/30)
Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins (Sunday 1/31)
Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream (Sunday 1/31)
Chicken Cranberry Couscous (Monday 2/01)
Cranberry Apple Nutbread (Tuesday 2/02)


Here are the featured items from the Sneak Peek:

Oscar Mayer Beef Frank B1G1
Pace Salsa B1G1
Hidden Valley Ranch B1G1
Ocean Spray Craisins B1G1
Ronzoni Pasta B1G1
Prego Pasta Sauce B1G1
Yoplait Yo-plus Yogurt B1G1
Post AlphaBits Cereal B1G1
Oscar Mayer Bacon 2/$6
Baby Spinach 2/$5
Nectarines $1.97 lb.
Rotel Tomatoes (Advantage Buy)
Sargento Shredded Cheese 2/$4
Poly-O Mozzarella Cheese 2/$6


Main items from my stockpile:

Pillsbury Pizza Dough (last week sale)
Pillsbury Biscuits (last week sale)
Hunts Diced Tomatoes (last week sale)
Raisins
Honey
Pecans
Olives
Cheese
Frozen Blueberries
Sour Cream
Chicken Broth
Near East Couscous
Chicken Breasts
Ground Beef
Evaporated Milk


Other items needed:

Puff Pastry
Heavy Cream
Black or Pinto Beans
Lasagna Noodles
Ricotta Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Curry Powder


Produce needed:
Bananas
Apples
Lettuce
Onion
Celery
Baby Spinach (sale at Publix)
Nectarines (sale at Publix)


Things I consider staples:

Eggs
Baking Essentials (flour, sugar, baking powder, etc.)
Milk
Butter
Olive Oil
Etc.


I hope this helps everyone! Please don't hesitate to ask me if you have a question about anything. I will cook the recipe on the night I have listed above, and post the recipe afterwards. Some things don't always make it to the table. Last Saturday night, I didn't make the chicken and waffles AGAIN because I had a date-night with my Mom! If I don't get something posted, and you were really looking forward to it, e-mail me and I'll send the recipe!

Tonight its Apple Dumplings! Yay! A good use for all that Mountain Dew I stocked up on last week...



3 comments:

  1. Love this! Looking forward to seeing the lasagna roll ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pumped about this week's menu!!! Can't wait to try them out!

    BTW, hubs loved the sausage pockets! Added a little onion to mine...they were awesome! :)

    Keep the recipes coming! Calzones are next on my list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site! Keep up the postings... I just can't wait for this weeks recipes! Thanks for doing all you do!

    ReplyDelete