Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Publix Trip 1/6

I did the lunch break trip again today! I only needed a few things and I had to have the biscuits for dinner tonight. Easier to do it at lunch than to go in the cold with both girls after work! I was very pleased with this trip. I have meat to use for dinner this week and chicken to put in the freezer. This is a really good price on the chicken, so now is the time to stock up. I've mentioned it in another post, but this is worth mentioning again- when you buy your chicken breasts, trim them up and seal them in individual zippy bags (or 2 to a bag) before you put them in a larger zippy bag in the freezer. This makes it so much quicker when you're actually ready to use them. Fill the sink up with COLD water and put the chicken breasts in the sink to thaw (still in the baggies). You can do as many as you need. It usually takes about 45 minutes for mine to thaw. I may go back and get one more pack later this week. If I go back, I'll post my savings again. For now, here is what I got today...



Order Total: $28.07
Sales Tax: $3.73
Grand Total: $31.80
Savings: $75.63 (I really want this to be $100 one day!!)

What's in the Buggy:

2 gallons Publix milk
1 bag Publix salad blend
4 boxes Special K bars
4 boxes Special K cereal
2 bottles Juicy Juice
4 rolls Grands biscuits
2 boxes Betty Crocker muffins
6 Yoplait yogurts
2 Ronzoni Healthy Harvest noodles
2 Hunt's ketchups
1 Publix ground turkey ($1.99 lb)
1 Boneless Chuck Roast ($8.28)
1 big pack boneless chicken breasts ($8.64)


I'm also planning a small trip to Winn Dixie later this week. I want to get some of the B1G1 Whitewheat bread and the B1G1 Kraft cheese (I still have coupons for the cheese!!) I will post those savings here when I go.

Looking forward to Creamed Chicken and Biscuits for dinner tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment