Sunday, January 3, 2010

Classic Pasta Salad

This is a good recipe to use some of that pasta that you have stockpiled. Publix has Wish-Bone dressing B1G1 this week. I used some of the leftover Grilled Chicken Breasts I fixed last night and some of the Marinated Cheese I made for New Years Day. You can really play with this recipe and use what you have on-hand or what's on sale that week. I picked up some baby carrots for $.99 at Allegri's yesterday as well as the two bell peppers. I forgot to grab those when I was at Publix the other day. I will be taking this for lunch this week!



1 14.5-oz. box rotini pasta (I used Ronzoni Smart Taste)
1 cup carrot, diced
1 cup mixed peppers, diced (I used red and green)
1 cup sliced olives
1 cup cheese, diced (I used Marinated Cheese)
1-1/2 cup Italian dressing
2 cooked chicken breasts, optional (I used Grilled Chicken Breasts)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Add diced carrots the last two minutes to cook slightly. Drain and run under cold water.

Combine all ingredients except dressing in a large mixing bowl. Add dressing; toss well. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. If making the night before, add additional dressing if needed right before serving.


Enjoy!


(adapted from Wish-Bone.com)

3 comments:

  1. Yum...why didn't I think ahead. Back to work and no good lunches planned. I must shop tomorrow and get this ready for a quick, tasty lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Alaina! If you don't mind, I'm going to post a link to it on my blog so more people can enjoy these wonderful, easy recipes! Keep them coming...they are great!
    Much love,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great Brandi! Thanks for the support! So glad you enjoy the recipes. Its so much fun for me to able to share all of this FINALLY! :)

    ReplyDelete