Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Crock Pot Roast

I think this was the first time I have ever made a roast. Crazy, I know. I don't use the crock pot much because I'm gone so long during the day. I end up cooking things to death. And the last time I planned on making this, it was a Sunday and I totally forgot to put it in. I'm just not used to doing crock pot cooking. Luckily, at 11:30 this morning I remembered! I almost forgot again. I kept it simple. Publix had their boneless chuck roast on sale for $2.99 lb. Mine was about 2.5 lbs. I dumped it in the crockpot with two cans of soup and called it a day. It cooked while we were out running errands this afternoon. I may have to use that thing more often! It was really good! Even Ella ate some, and she has gotten picky these days. We all have "Cream of Something" soup in our pantries, so when you see a roast on sale, try this method out. You can add potatoes and carrots, I just didn't plan for that today. Here's the link to the original post I did a few weeks ago. Today I did Marilyn's recipe minus the veggies.

Here's Marilyn's recipe for Sunday Crock Pot Roast




Here's what I did today:

1 boneless chuck roast (about 2.5 lbs.)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
salt/pepper

I seasoned the roast with salt and pepper. Then I dumped in one can of soup, laid the roast on top, and poured the other can over the roast. Covered the pot and set on low for 8 hours. It was done in about 7 hours. Delish!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment