Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Publix Sneak Peek 1/20 and Menu

I cannot believe its already time for another week at Publix! Michelle at I Heart Publix got the Sneak Peek posted yesterday. You can check it out HERE. This week wasn't awesome for me. I picked a few things from the ad to highlight, but it looks like a lot of the things will be coming from my stockpile. Be sure to head over to Publix.com tomorrow to print out your shopping list. Also, Michelle at I Heart Publix has a great grocery printable spreadsheet to help you calculate your totals!

Here's the items I plan to highlight this week:

Bertolli Pasta Sauce B1G1
Aunt Jemina Pancake Mix B1B1
Musselman's Chunky Applesauce B1G1
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 3/$5
Pillsbury Pizza Crust 3/$5
Kraft Cracker Barrel Cheese 2/$6
Johnsonville Italian Sausage 2/$5
Hillshire Farm Lunch Meats (Ham & Turkey) 2/$7
Publix Bacon 2/$5
Idaho Potatoes- 5-lb bag $1.99
Gala Apples- 3-lb. bag $2.49

Menu I plan to post:

Chicken Spaghetti (Wednesday 1/20)
Cheesy Corn Bites (Thursday 1/21)
Italian Sausage Calzones (Friday 1/22)
Monte Cristo (Saturday 1/23)
Chicken and Honey-Buttered Waffles (didn't make)
Mashed Potato Gratin (Sunday 1/24)
Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Chicken (Monday 1/25)
Apple Dumplings (Tuesday 1/26)


Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the ingredients. You can plan ahead and make some of this with me! Once I get my final trip planned, if I make any changes, I will be sure to reflect them here.

I may or may not do the Cranberry Almond Couscous tonight. I am exhausted and am planning my escape to the bedroom early! :) Please forgive me!

8 comments:

  1. So when the sales come out on Wednesday, you post menus that you would start the following Monday? Is that correct? When (ballpark time frame) do you think you will try to post them? I CAN"T WAIT!! BLESS YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start on Wednesdays when the new ad starts! So tonight I'm making the Chicken Spaghetti. I guess I should post the days next to it, huh?!? I will start doing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a link that will take me straight to the recipe or do I have to find it in the recipe index? If I have to find it, any possibility you could also post the category? I'm just flat lazy aren't I????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two questions: The items you highlight, are they ones we will need to have on hand or purchase for these recipes? And how do I get to the chicken spaghetti recipe? This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will post the recipe with the picture after I make it on that specific day. So, tonight after I make the chicken spaghetti, I will post the recipe along with the picture of what it looked like :) And the same for the rest of the recipes throughout the week. I won't post the recipe until after I try it. Sometimes they bomb, and I don't want to post something I haven't tried! After they are posted, they will be linked in the recipe index.

    Yes, the items I have highlighted are things from the ad that I am using for my recipes. I get the inspiration for the menu from the sale items that Michelle at IHeartPublix posts on Mondays. Of course, some of the ingredients I am going to use are from my stockpile. It defeats the purpose of me couponing and stockpiling if I'm buying EVERYTHING every week! The chicken spaghetti- most of the ingredients are from my stockpile (Cream of Mushroom, spaghetti noodles, chicken, cheese, etc.) All of the ingredients have been on sale at Publix or Winn Dixie over the last few weeks. I have been craving that dish, so I'm making it tonight. Sale or no sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT!! So I just need to be a day or two behind you in making the recipes. That's AWESOME!! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you already posted the italian sasuage calzone (in your list to the right) or is this one we are waiting on? I wanted mainly to know what or how you are making the crust.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am buying the Pillsbury Pizza crust in the can. Its on sale at Publix along with the crescent rolls and sweet rolls. I'll be making that Friday night. :) I will post the recipe after I make them on the designated night. Main ingredients for that one- crust, sausage, onion, pepper, sauce, cheese...

    ReplyDelete