Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cranberry Vanilla Oatmeal

This is not your ordinary oatmeal! This was so quick and easy to prepare. This is Ellie Krieger's recipe from the Food Network so it fits in with any healthy New Year's Resolutions! Publix has their Quaker Oatmeal B1G1. I bought the Quick Cooking kind. I will be making this one again. It is quick enough for me to make before work. Eat half one morning, save the other half for the next. You are sure to enjoy this one!



1 3/4 cup water
1 cup Old Fashioned Oats, or Quick Cooking Oats
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup dried cranberries (I used a little bit more)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons raspberry jam (can use low-sugar)
1/4 cup 1% low fat milk, plus more to taste

Put water, oats, salt and cranberries into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes for Old Fashioned Oats, or 1 minute for Quick Cooking Oats. Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and raspberry jam. Put into serving bowls and pour 2 tablespoons of milk over each bowl.


Enjoy!


(adapted from FoodNetwork.com)


2 comments:

  1. My little ones love oatmeal, so I will definitely try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.k. so I could wait...this is really good!

    ReplyDelete