Saturday, May 1, 2010

BBQ Rub Ribs and Corn Bread Bites

Let me start out by saying how incredibly full I am! Today has been filled with great things to eat. I need to pull out the stroller and push the girls around the neighborhood tomorrow! First, it was the Snowball Cookies I snacked on all afternoon. Then, it was the delicious BBQ Rub Ribs and Corn Bread Bites! In the words of our friend, Robbie, "These are the best ribs I've had in a long time!" They were delicious, if I do say so myself. Ribs are not on the top of my list of favorite things to eat, but they will be after today. These are simple and fuss-free. Quick and easy. And the little Corn Bread Bites are just so darn cute. My husband would have preferred me to leave out the green onions, but I loved the flecks of green color it gave the muffins. This is the perfect recipe to get the grill going outside for a cookout with friends. They will love you even more than they already do. I know Robbie does!




BBQ Rub Ribs

Baby Back Ribs (I purchased 3 slabs- 1 pack- from Sam's at $2.98 lb)
Stubb's BBQ Rub (found mine at Bruno's)
Salt
Worcestershire Sauce

Take the ribs out of the plastic and rinse in the sink. Pat dry. Season both sides lightly with salt. Then generously season with the Stubb's Rub (this rub is also great for roasting potatoes in the oven). Flip over so that the "meaty" side is facing up. Sprinkle with the Worcestershire Sauce and rub slightly. Let them sit on the counter for about 10 minutes while the grill is heating up.

Put the grill on low heat (I use a propane grill). Grill the "meaty" side down first for about 15 minutes or until browned. Flip over and grill another 10 minutes or until browned. At this point, transfer the ribs to the top rack of the grill to get off of the direct heat. Leave on the grill another 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. If you don't have the small top rack on your grill just turn off some of the flames and leave the ribs on the grill away from the direct heat. Remove the ribs from the grill onto a platter and let rest on the counter for about 10 minutes covered loosely with foil. Cut and serve!







Corn Bread Bites

2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
1 tablespoon sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 cup cream-style corn
1 large egg, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine cheese and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.

Divide batter evenly among miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray (it will fill 36 cups- my pan only had 24 so I had some batter leftover. It also fills 12 standard muffin cups). Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in cups 2 minutes then move to wire racks.



Enjoy!



(Corn Bread Bites adapted from Cooking Light)

No comments:

Post a Comment