Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Menu 5/19

Here's to hoping this week I stay on schedule better! Last week I was thrown off schedule working on a Pinkalicious Strawberry Cupcake recipe. After bathing in pink cupcakes for 3 days the final products was awesome. I am looking for the next excuse to make them again! Who's birthday is coming up next? Do you want Pinkalicious Strawberry Cupcakes? Good, because that's what you're getting!

This week looks a little better at Publix, but I'm still pulling from my stockpile. My pantry is overflowing and I've got to start using some of this food in my house! I am going to really try to make this week count in my kitchen because I'm taking the next week off. I'm going to Disney World over Memorial Day weekend with one of my best girlfriends. And the best part is we're going just the two of us! No kids. Just great food and great fun with a great friend! I can't wait! I am planning on journaling my trip and taking all of the food pics and catching you guys up with some Dining Through Disney posts!

Here's what I've got planned for this week:

Tonight: Blueberry Baked French Toast (for dessert!)

Bacon Cheddar Scones- Wed 5/19
Meatloaf Burgers- Thurs 5/20
Peanut Crusted Chicken Breasts- Fri 5/21
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken- Sat 5/22
Not Your Ordinary Mac and Cheese- Sun 5/23
Grilled Pork Tenderloin- Sun 5/23
Strawberry Spinach Salad- Mon 5/24
Pizza Times Two- Tues 5/25

I am going to make muffins and snacks next Wednesday and Thursday to take on our Disney trip. Clay has put in a request for Chicken Cranberry Couscous, so I will make that next Wednesday night. And I want to make Cranberry-Apple-Nut Bread Thursday night to take on our trip to eat for breakfast on-the-go. I may try to make the Chewy Granola Bars too! They would be perfect to stash away in our bag for a quick snack in the parks. And not to mention, free!

I will post the recipe and pictures after I make them on the designated day. To make it easier to cook with me, I decided to include a recipe ingredient break-down to make your shopping a bit easier. The items marked with an (*) refer to a sale item this week at Publix. I'm pulling most of this from my stockpile this week.

And if you're shopping Publix, don't forget your $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon! (try zip 95677, radius 50 miles)


Bacon Cheddar Scones with Scrambled Eggs (Wednesday)
all purpose flour
baking powder
salt and pepper
1 stick butter
cheddar cheese *
green onions
bacon *
buttermilk
eggs
milk


Meatloaf Burgers (Thursday)
olive oil
ground beef *
onion
parsley
breadcrumbs
egg
ketchup
Dijon mustard
Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
hamburger buns *
and the fixins' (cheese*)


Peanut-Crusted Chicken Breasts (Friday)
olive oil
peanuts *
3 slices bread
salt and pepper
2 eggs
chicken breasts


Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken (Saturday)
1-1/2 lb. chicken breasts (I'm using 4)
1 can Rotel
1 can black beans
8 oz frozen corn kernels (2-3 fresh cobs *)
cilantro
chicken broth
green onions
garlic powder
onion powder
cumin
cayenne pepper (optional)
salt


Not Your Ordinary Mac and Cheese (Sunday)
elbow macaroni or cavatappi *
milk
1 stick butter
all purpose flour
6 cups shredded cheese (mixture of Swiss and white cheddar) *
salt and pepper
nutmeg
tomatoes *
goldfish *


Grilled Pork Tenderloin (Sunday)
2 pork tenderloins (on sale B1G1 at Winn Dixie)
Italian dressing
salt and pepper


Strawberry Spinach Salad (Monday)
1 bag baby spinach *
sliced strawberries *
almonds or pecans
Ken's Light Raspberry Vinaigrette *
(I will probably serve this with grilled chicken breasts)


Pizza Times Two (Tuesday)

Mushroom Garlic Pizza:
1 Pillsbury pizza crust *
olive oil
garlic
2 8-oz. containers sliced mushrooms *
2-3 cups shredded cheese *

BBQ Chicken Pizza: (my husband won't eat 'shrooms)
1 Pillsbury pizza crust *
olive oil
bacon *
onion
BBQ sauce *
2-3 cups shredded cheese *
1-2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded


I really want to make muffins and something else sweet, but I have to quit making that stuff! I make it and I eat it for days while it sits on my counter. But I see some Snickerdoodle Muffins in our future when the sour cream is on sale again :)


I'm eating cereal for dinner and having Blueberry Baked French Toast for dessert!! Maybe I'll eat Multigrain Cheerios to have a good balance :)


4 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog. It's good to "meet" another local foodie. Have a great time in Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to "meet" you too! The apple bread pudding looks fantastic on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance you'll post the pinkalicious cupcake recipe? Has me curious and hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin- I know you guys really want to see it! I'm trying to figure out when I want to post it. I want to correlate it with the magazine because the only photos I have are the magazine shots. I didn't take any personal pics. And I kind of don't want to ruin the surprise! Send me your e-mail address to fairhopefoodie@gmail.com and I will send you the Word document :) They are pinkalicious!

    ReplyDelete