Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Menu 5/12

I am not really excited about the Publix ad this week. I am going to cook mainly from my stockpile. As most of you know, I usually base my Menu around the Publix weekly sales ad. This week it doesn't look so great. And I have a TON of food already in my house. So, why go out and by more? Usually because its fun and I get great deals. This week that won't be the case. So, I will be shopping in my own pantry to create the meals for this week! Here's what I plan to make...and I say PLAN, because things sometimes change :)

Tonight:

Creamy Taco Mac
Cranberry Almond Granola Bars


French Dip Sandwiches- Wed 5/12
?- Thurs 5/13 (still looking)
Pork Scallopine- Fri 5/14
Blueberry Baked French Toast- Sat 5/15
Mexican Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas- Sun 5/16
Grilled Cream Corn- Sun 5/16
Baked Spaghetti- Mon 5/17

I will post the recipe and pictures after I make them on the designated day. To make it easier to cook with me, I decided to include a recipe ingredient break-down to make your shopping a bit easier. The items marked with an (*) refer to a sale item this week at Publix. I'm pulling most of this from my stockpile this week.

And if you're shopping Publix, don't forget your $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon! Here is a new one (try zip 95677, radius 50 miles)


French Dip Sandwiches (Wednesday)
Hoagie Rolls
Roast Beef (I'm using the FREE meat I got last week!)
Beef Broth
cornstarch
Onion
Cheese


Pork Scallopine (Friday)
Linguine or Egg Noodles
Pork Loin (cut into chops)
Mushrooms
Chicken Broth
Lemon
Heavy Cream
Capers
Parsley
Parmesan Cheese


Blueberry Baked French Toast (Saturday)
2 bags Stacy's pita chips (simply naked)
eggs
milk
heavy cream
sugar
vanilla
blueberries (optional)
all purpose flour
brown sugar
cinnamon
salt
butter


Mexican Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas (Sunday)
Pork Loin *
garlic
cumin
adobo (seasoning)
garlic powder
chicken broth
chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
bay leaves
flour tortillas
avocado


Grilled Cream Corn (Sunday)
8 ears fresh corn
butter
flour
milk
cream cheese


Baked Spaghetti (Monday)
onion
green pepper
diced tomatoes (1 can)
butter
mushrooms
olives
ground beef
spaghetti noodles
shredded cheese
Cream of Mushroom soup
parmesan cheese


Here's to another good week!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm making french dip tonight. I started the roast in my crockpot this morning & it already smells good.

    I can't wait to see the post on the blueberry french toast--it sound sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so lokking forward to that Baked Spaghetti using cream of mushroom! Again I love your stie because so many of your recipes can be adjusted to my vergeatarian lifestyle. I have made your curry chicken (minus the celery, didn't have it) twice and LOVE LOVE LOVE it so much that I past it along to 2 of my vegertatarian girlfriends who made it and were so PLEASED! So from all three of us...YUM-O and THANKS! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try the grilled corn! What exactly do you do to it??

    ReplyDelete