Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ricotta Parmesan Chicken

Are you tired of pasta and sauce being on sale at the grocery stores? I know Publix has one brand on sale EVERY week. Needless to say, I have plenty of it on hand. But surprisingly enough, I haven't cooked anything with it lately! I came across this recipe on Foodbuzz the other day and though it was perfect because the chicken was on sale last week and this week its the pasta, sauce and ricotta cheese. This is a good twist on your typical Chicken Parmesan. It was a winner in my house!



4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup lowfat ricotta
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs (2 slices of bread)
1/2 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 cup grated parmesan
salt and pepper
10 oz. spaghetti noodles (just shy of one box)
1 jar spaghetti sauce

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Trim chicken breasts of excess fat and pound slightly with a meat tenderizer. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Arrange on the bottom of a baking dish.

In a small bowl combine the ricotta, milk and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over chicken breasts.

In a food processor or blender, pulse bread and garlic to make the bread crumbs. Mix in the parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the crumbs over chicken breasts liberally, pressing into chicken to ensure a good stick.

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until juices run clear.

Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Also warm sauce in a separate saucepan over low heat.

To serve, slice the chicken and serve over the pasta with a ladle of sauce.




Enjoy!



(adapted from Eatin' On The Cheap)


5 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds great...I think I'll put it on the list for next week's dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my good golly! I cannot wait to try this. I need to thaw some chicken breast. It will definitely make it on Penny's menu next week... if I like it... and I KNOW I will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband made this last night for mother's day and it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was good. Something different to try with all the pasta we picked up on sale at Publix. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for trying out the recipe! I love it when people enjoy my creations! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete