Saturday, May 1, 2010

Snowball Cookies

Who doesn't love a good cookie? I liked this recipe because it uses the box cake mixes that always go on sale at the grocery stores! They came together pretty quick. If I would have rotated 2 baking sheets at a time in the oven, it would have gone faster. They are cute and fun, and the perfect size to pop in your mouth. I have already had my fair share! I need to save some for the rest of my family. I love baking in my pajamas in a quiet house. Clay took Ella to the movies and I whipped these up while Emme was taking a nap. If I would have thought about it, my iPod would have been a nice addition to that scenario! The cookies are done, and now I'm relaxing with a cup of coffee watching Emme play with some new toys. Yep...I love Saturday!



1/2 cup vegetable oil
1-1/4 cups quick cooking oats
1 package Pillsbury White Cake mix
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla (clear if you have it)
1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oil and oats. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cake mix, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Fold in nuts. Form into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Remove cookies to a cooling rack. Wait about 1-2 minutes, then roll in powdered sugar while slightly warm. Yield: about 5 dozen small cookies.




Enjoy!



(adpated from Taste of Home)


1 comment:

  1. I made these today and they were yummy. Its great to find a new way to use all the BOGO cake mixes. I think next time I might even try one of the chocolate cake mixes.

    ReplyDelete