Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Menu 5/5

Is it Tuesday already? I wish time went by this fast when I was in high school! The days just seem to flip over one another now. I wish that I didn't require sleep. I would be able to get so many more things done! Just think of how much time we waste sleeping. I love working at night when everyone else is asleep and the house is quiet. I just regret doing it when its time to wake up the next morning! I still have oodles of coupons to organize tonight. I still haven't caught up from when Emme was sick. This may be one of those late nights. I think I may pull my hair out if I have to keep digging through envelopes to find my coupons. Its going to be time to get my Publix trip together for Thursday and these bad boys all have to be in the correct place! Speaking of Publix there are a few good deals going on this week. Nothing spectacular. My family is really excited about the pop-tarts! I wish they would run better deals on the meat. Until the chicken deal last week, I have been visiting other grocery stores to stock my freezer. I think I have still managed to pull together a great menu. Did you guys try any of the things from last week? What do you think of the Chicken Tacos and Moo-Shu Chicken?


Ricotta Chicken Parmesan- Wed 5/5
Chicken Fritters- Thurs 5/6
(didn't make the Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers as planned)
King Ranch Chicken Casserole- Fri 5/7
Peanut Butter Coffee Cake- Sat 5/8
Chicken Amandine- Sat 5/8 (didn't make!)
Pineapple Sherbet- Sun 5/9 (didn't make...but still planning to!)
Southern Pecan Cream Pie- Sun 5/9
Almond Veggie Stir-fry- Mon 5/10 (also didn't make!)
Creamy Taco Mac- Tues 5/11
Cranberry Almond Granola Bars- Tues 5/11

I will post the recipe and pictures after I make them on the designated day. To make it easier to cook with me, I decided to include a recipe ingredient break-down to make your shopping a bit easier. The items marked with an (*) refer to a sale item this week at Publix. I'm pulling a lot from my stockpile this week. Several of the items (Rotel, tortillas, chicken) I picked up this past week on sale. I also visit my local farmers market for produce throughout the week. Its on the way home and Ella loves getting the string cheese :)

And if you're shopping Publix, don't forget your $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon! Here is a new one (try zip 95677, radius 50 miles)


Ricotta Chicken Parmesan (Wednesday)
ricotta cheese *
milk
boneless skinless chicken breasts
fresh breadcrumbs * (pulse bread slices in the blender or processor)
parmesan cheese
pasta *
spaghetti sauce *


Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers (Thursday)
salt
sugar
shrimp *
olive oil
parsley
lemon
garlic


King Ranch Chicken Casserole (Friday)
chicken breasts (or 1 whole chicken)
chicken broth
butter
onion
green bell pepper *
garlic
Cream of Mushroom
Cream of Chicken
Rotel (2)
taco seasoning
cheddar cheese
flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)


Peanut Butter Coffee Cake (Saturday)
all purpose flour
baking powder
salt
baking soda
butter
peanut butter *
brown sugar
eggs
milk
sugar
rolled oats


Chicken Amandine (Saturday)
almonds *
bread crumbs
eggs
boneless skinless chicken breasts


Pineapple Sherbet (Sunday)
pineapple chunks *
sugar
vanilla extract
whole milk

Almond Veggie Stir-fry (Monday)
cornstarch
sugar
soy sauce
sesame oil (or olive oil)
broccoli *
red pepper
onion
garlic
fresh ginger (I get this at my local farmers market)
almonds *
*I may add chicken and additional veggies if I see fit Monday :)


Cranberry Almond Granola Bars (Tuesday)
butter
miniature marshmallows
Special K Granola * (or other cluster cereal)
Rice Krispies
Craisins
salt


I enjoyed Apple Jacks and Chocolate Cheerios for dinner tonight! Looking forward to the Ricotta Chicken Parm tomorrow night.



No comments:

Post a Comment