Thursday, February 4, 2010

Avocado-Stuffed Sliders

These sliders would be great to make on Super Bowl Sunday. The avocado inside is such a nice surprise. Tamara's has a burger with bacon and avocado and I just love it! So much cheaper though to be able to recreate it at home. Publix has Hass Avocados 2/$1 this week, and Smithfield Bacon is B1G1. These would be great on the grill. The weather is bad, so I cooked them in a skillet like the original recipe said. Next time I will do them outside. These were so yummy. I will definitely make this again.




8 2-inch dinner rolls
1 lb. ground beef
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 avocado, cubed
bacon, optional
cheese, optional
ketchup, optional
mustard, optional

In a large bowl combine ground beef, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper. Form into 8 2-inch balls. Cut avocado into cubes. Press an avocado cube into each ball and shape into patties (I didn't even use half of the avocado).

Cook in a skillet over medium high heat until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Split the rolls and assemble the sliders with the patties and desired condiments.


Enjoy!


(adapted from Rachael Ray Magazine)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great- is cheap (for me) and red meat (for my husband). Thanks for sharing your hard work with us!

    ReplyDelete