Saturday, February 20, 2010

White Bean Chicken Chili

I have been eye-balling this recipe on Pink Parsley for quite some time now. I was just waiting on a good sale on white beans. Well, this is the week! This chili was super simple and super yummy! We had some friends over and it was a total hit. The avocado garnish was delicious. I started the crock pot around lunch and dinner was ready at 7:00. That's a great way to entertain. I made Corn Muffins to go alongside and we had Artichokes and Hollandaise for a starter. I also let Publix make dessert. Tiramisu is my favorite and we enjoyed it again tonight!



4 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
3 boneless chicken breasts (I put mine in frozen)
1 8-oz. block pepper jack cheese, cubed
2 cups salsa

Garnishes:
avocado
sour cream
shredded cheese
salsa

**I used the 19-oz. Progresso Cannellini beans, so I added an extra 1/4 cup salsa and 1 cup chicken broth

Combine the beans, cheese, and salsa in a crockpot. Nestle the chicken breasts into the mixture, and cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove chicken breasts, shred with a fork, and return to crockpot. Stir to combine, and serve with desired garnishes (I used shredded cheese, sour cream and avocado with a squeeze of lime).


Enjoy!


(adapted from Pink Parsley)

5 comments:

  1. I just came to your blog from I heart publix to see your recipes and noticed that you lived in Fairhope, Alabama. BEAUTIFUL place to live. I grew up in Mobile and spent many weekends in Fairhope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel very fortunate to live here! I appreciate it more the older I get. Wonderful place to raise a family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this today and it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good! Even better the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan- I am just now seeing this comment! Yikes...I hope it turned out well for you. I would add the corn towards the end. And yes, you could turn up the heat. I would just stir it maybe at one hour intervals, because mine did get a little "burned" around the edges at one point. I hope your husband liked it!

    ReplyDelete