Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fully Loaded Chili

I know I made chili last Saturday night, but it was a White Bean Chicken Chili. The one tonight was more traditional. It used a lot of the beans I stocked up on last week at Publix. Winn Dixie had ground beef this week for $1.99 lb. This also gives you something for your Tostitos that I know most of us have in the pantry. Crush some on top with the cheese and sour cream. Yummy. This chili is super simple and full of flavor. Definitely easy enough for a busy weeknight. I didn't get it going until 7:00. Once you get it all together it cooks in 30 minutes. So, make good use of that 30 minutes. I got my kitchen cleaned!



1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped (prices were too high for this today- omitted)
1-3/4 cup water
2 8-oz cans tomato sauce
1 can kidney beans (I used Bush's Chili Beans, undrained)
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 chili seasoning packet

Garnishes:
sour cream
shredded cheese
crushed Tostitos

In a large pot over medium heat, cook the beef, onion and pepper until meet is no longer pink; drain (This is when a baster works best for removing all of the fat).

Stir in the water, tomato sauce, beans and seasonings (you can add extra salt and pepper later if needed). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and crushed Tostitos.


Enjoy!


(adapted from Taste of Home)

No comments:

Post a Comment