Sunday, February 7, 2010

English Muffin Breakfast Pizza

I love it when things turn out better than expected. Expectations usually equal disappointment for me. Not this morning! The idea for these pizzas has been brewing in my head and finally came together this morning. I knew I didn't want to use tomatoes or regular pizza sauce. I use the Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo for another pizza I do, so I thought I try it with this version. The result was fabulous! The english muffins make a nice crisp crust, and the scrambled eggs are creamy dotted with smoky bacon. Perfection. These are great for a weekend breakfast, but could also be served for brunch with company. There is a great coupon on Coupons & Things by Dede for Free Classico pasta sauce WYB Classico Alfredo. That's a great site to order clipped coupons and whole inserts. Regardless of the coupon, the alfredo sauce is $1.98 at Wal-mart so get some and make these at your house!



4 English Muffins, halved
6 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
salt and pepper
4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce (Classico brand)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Half English Muffins with a fork and lay on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the oven to allow English Muffins to crisp slightly while the eggs are cooking (about 8 minutes).

Meanwhile, cook bacon in microwave. When done chop and set aside.

In a bowl, beat 6 eggs with 2 tablespoons of milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scramble in a large skillet over medium heat until done. Add in chopped bacon. Take English Muffins out of the oven and spread 1 tablespoon alfredo on each half. Evenly distribute the egg mixture on the 8 halves. Top with the shredded cheese. Bake in the 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.



Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I tried this today for a coupon party I hosted. I used sandwich thins instead of muffins because I got free product coupons rom house party. They were a huge hit. It was great on the thins but I'm sure amazing on the muffins. Thx so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete