Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Black Bean Hummus Wrap

This is a quick wrap I throw together for lunch. I love roasted red pepper hummus, so I use that kind. The black beans are great for protein and fiber. And what's a wrap without a little cheese? Make this at night and pack it in the lunchbox for work the next day. Publix has their Sabra Hummus 2/$5. There is a great coupon HERE for $1/1 any Mission Tortilla. I bought the sun-dried tomato ones from Wal-mart. If you want to add other ingredients, I'm sure it would be good. I just thought less is more. I have to keep it simple getting lunch together in the morning! Because, let's face it, I usually make this in the morning on my way out the door with my tail on fire!

**Picture coming later. I forgot to take it this morning :)

1 flour tortilla (I used sun-dried tomato)
4 tablespoons black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon hummus (approximately)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (approximately)

Spread a thin layer of hummus in the center of a tortilla. Top with beans and cheese. Roll up like a burrito. Starting by folding the two sides over the filling; fold up the bottom and roll. If you want the beans heated, I would suggest warming them seperate then adding them to the wrap. I think its fine the way it is. The hummus doesn't do well in the microwave. I eat the wrap straight from the fridge when I bring it to work. Maybe I'm weird. I don't know :)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment