Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mushroom Quesadilla

I love mushrooms. I am the only one in my house who does, though. I tried to get Ella to take a bite, but she wasn't having any of it. Clay won't even come close, so he had cheese toast tonight. This was super simple and elegant enough to serve to company. I used Sun-dried Tomato Tortillas because I had them leftover from the Black Bean Hummus Wrap. You could serve this as a Vegetarian dish or if you have some leftover chicken you could add that in. Publix has mushrooms, onions and baby arugula on sale this week. I grabbed mine from the Farmers Market because that's where I stopped today after work.



Makes 2 Quesadillas:

1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper
1 8-10 oz. package mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
squeeze of lemon
1/2 cup shredded cheese (monterrey jack, swiss, muenster, etc.)
1 cup baby arugula
2 10-inch flour tortillas

In large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3-5 minutes. Add mushrooms, trimmed and sliced, and cook until mushrooms are browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Wipe skillet clean.

Divide cheese, mushroom mixture and arugula over the bottom half of the two tortillas. Fold top half over filling to close. Heat another teaspoon of olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat and cook a quesadilla until cheese melts and tortilla is crisp, 1-2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining quesadilla. Cut into wedges and serve.



Enjoy!


(adapted from Everyday Food)


2 comments:

  1. Sounds divine! I too am the only fan of mushrooms in my house and this is the perfect solution! I can make mine with shrooms and make the rest of my taste bud challenged family's however they want them.

    ReplyDelete