Thursday, February 18, 2010

Menu 2/18

I must admit that it was hard for me to get back into my groove! It was so nice having some time off. The same thing happened around Christmas when I got out of my routine. That's life though. Same thing goes with exercising. Take a couple of days off and you can forget it! I started getting excited though when I was putting the Menu together. I was talking with Shannon last night from The Bargain Buggy and decided that I need to try to cook healthier for my family. Most of the "sale" items are the processed, pre-packaged foods that are not exactly on the good-for-you list. I am going to try to start taking advantage of the good prices at my local farmers market and branch out with my fruits and veggies. My husband will learn to like it! For some of the recipes, I will just try to cut fat and calories where I can by using light ingredients. If none exist for that particular recipe, I will cook it like I always do and enjoy it! I think that we should enjoy all things in moderation. If I tell myself I'm on a "diet" it makes me want cheesecake that much more! I try to eat and snack smart during the day so I can enjoy a nice dinner when I get home. Sometimes that works, and sometimes that doesn't. We'll see how it goes!

Here's the Menu I plan to post for the remainder of the week:

Mushroom Quesadilla- Thursday Feb 18
Hawaiian Chicken Alfredo Pizza- Friday Feb 19
Artichokes and Hollandaise- Saturday Feb 20
White Bean Chicken Chili- Saturday Feb 20
Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower- Sunday Feb 21
Sesame & Ginger Chicken- Monday Feb 22
Chicken, Pasta & Beans- Tuesday Feb 23

As you can tell, I am having chicken withdrawals! I don't think I've cooked with it a whole lot lately and I have some in my freezer. Plus, its healthy. You could certainly use grilled pork chops with the sweet potatoes and cauliflower on Sunday. I am craving freshness, so those two things will be coming from my local farmers market this week.

Here are the items I'm highlighting from Publix:

Classico Alfredo Sauce B1G1
Mama Mary's Pizza Crust B1G1
Mueller's Pasta B1G1
Wishbone Dressing B1G1
Progresso Chicken Broth B1G1
Sorrento Mozzarella Cheese 2/$6
Kraft Chunk Cheese 16 oz. 2/$7
Kraft Parmesan Cheese 2/$6
Progresso Cannellini Beans 3/$2
Hillshire Lunch Meat 2/$6
Perdue Chicken Breasts $2.99lb
Plum Tomatoes
Artichokes
Zucchini Squash
Fresh Express Greens 2/$5
Baby Portabello Mushrooms
Sweet Onions


Non-Sale Items I Need:

Sweet Potatoes
Cauliflower
Garlic Cloves
Baby Carrots
Butterhead Lettuce
Lime/Lemon
Flat-Leaf Parsley
Salsa
Avocado (optional)


Items from my Stockpile:

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Pepper Jack Cheese
Peanuts
Flour Tortillas
Swiss Cheese
Red-wine Vinegar
Butter
Eggs
Macaroni Pasta
Olive Oil
Olives
Pineapple Tidbits



3 comments:

  1. how do i get your recipes? When i clicked on the name of the recipe, nothing came up. REALLY would like the white bean chicken chili recipe for tomorrow and need to go shopping today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco- I post the recipe after I cook them on that designated day! On the Menu post I list the main ingredients that you would need for the recipes. Send me an e-mail. I'll give you the list of ingredients you'll need for the recipes you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Bean Chicken Chili- 4 cans white beans, 3 boneless chicken breasts, 8 oz. pepper jack cheese, 2 cups salsa. That's it!!

    ReplyDelete