Thursday, February 4, 2010

Publix Trip 2/3

I spent more yesterday than I EVER have at Publix. I did get a bunch of items though. Here is a great example of why you need to check your ad and clarify all prices before you start throwing things in your buggy. I thought that the Kraft 8-oz. blocks of cheese were part of the 2/$4 deal. So, I had coupons to stack that were supposed to make them $1 each. So, I bought 14 blocks. When I was checking out my total did seem higher than I had planned, but I bought so much, I didn't really worry about it. When I got home and looked at my receipt I noticed that the cheese was not part of that deal. They rang up $3.09 EACH. So they ended up costing me $2 each instead of $1 each. Not a bad deal, but I would not have bought 14 at that price had I known. So, my total ended up being about $14 more than what I thought it was going to be. Live and learn. I have cheese though :)


**Publix ONLY

Order Total: $81.07
Sales Tax: $10.24
Grand Total: $91.31
Savings: $118.63

What's in the Buggy:

(2) dozen Eggland's Best Eggs
(14) Kraft 8-oz. Block Cheese
(2) Claussen Pickles
(5) Philadelphia Cream Cheese
(1) Publix Gallon Milk
(3) Stacy's Chips
(1) Sabra Hummus
(2) Edy's Ice Cream
(2) Tombstone Pizzas
(1) 200 Calorie Digiorno
(2) Wheat Thins
(2) Triscuits
(1) Thomas' English Muffins
(1) French's Classic Mustard
(2) Heinz Ketchup
(4) Velveeta Mac N Cheese
(4) Velveeta Cheese
(2) McCormick Chili Mix
(2) Arm & Hammer Toothpaste
(1) 1.3 lbs. Ground Turkey
(2) 1 lb. Ground Chuck
(2) Ball Park Franks
(2) Smithfield Bacon
(2) Hass Avocados
(1) Eat Smart Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets

Coupons Used:

(2) $.50/1 Egglands Best Eggs MQ
(7) $1/2 Kraft Natural Cheese MQ
(7) $1/2 Kraft Natural Cheese Publix Q
(4) $1/1 Velveeta Cheese Product MQ
(2) $1/1 Claussen Pickles MQ
(1) $1/1 Philadelphia Cream Cheese MQ
(1) $1/4 Philadelphia Cream Cheese MQ
(1) FREE Gallon Milk WYB $100 Groceries MQ
(1) FREE Stacy's Chips MQ
(2) $1/1 Stacy's Chips MQ
(2) $1/1 Edy's Ice Cream MQ
(1) FREE 200 Calorie Digiorno Pizza MQ
(1) $2/2 Nabisco Crackers MQ
(2) $1/1 Wheat Thins MQ
(1) $.50/1 French's Mustard MQ
(2) $1/2 Velveeta Shells & Cheese MQ
(2) $1/1 Arm & Hammer Toothpaste MQ
(1) $1/2 lbs. or more Publix Fresh Ground Beef Publix Q
(1) $1/2 Ball Park Franks MQ
(2) $.55/1 Smithfield Bacon MQ


Winn Dixie:

Order Total: $21.83
Sales Tax: $2.23
Grand Total: $24.06
Savings: $26.89

What's in the Buggy:

(4) packs boneless skinless chicken breasts (B1G1)
(4) Capri Sun's (for Ella's Birthday Party)
(2) Emerald Glazed Walnuts
(2) King's Hawaiian Rolls

Coupons Used:

(2) $1/1 Kings Hawaiian Bread
(2) $1/1 Emerald Nut Product
(2) $1/2 Capri Sun

And...

Wal-mart: (YES, I was extremely busy yesterday!)

Grand Total: $14.87
Savings: $14.96

What's in the Buggy:

(3) All Small and Mighty Detergent
(2) Classico Alfredo Sauce
(2) Classico Pasta Sauce
(2) Great Value Black Beans
(1) Mission Sun Dried Tomato Flour Tortillas
(1) Mission Flour Tortillas (smaller size)

Coupons Used:

(3) $2/1 All Detergent
(2) FREE Classico Pasta Sauce WYB Classico Alfredo
(1) $1/2 Classico Sauce (Alfredo)
(2) $1/1 Mission Tortilla Product


GRAND TOTAL: $130.24
TOTAL SAVINGS: $160.48 or 81%

I got lots of stuff yesterday shopping. More than I have spent in one week in a long time. But, I will not be doing a lot of shopping next week since my oldest daughter and I are taking a trip to Disney World! So, I will not be in my kitchen for a few days. I hope my husband isn't going to starve! We aren't leaving until next Friday, so I'll be posting recipes until then.


Tonight its Avocado-Stuffed Sliders...





1 comment:

  1. Alaina,

    I'm new to your site, but your recipes look fabulous. I'm also very interested in the White Chicken Chili recipe, but I never saw the actual recipe. Will it be posted today or tomorrow? (I'm going to the grocery store this evening...)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete