Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Baked Oatmeal with Berries

Yum Yum Yum! I have to be honest. I wasn't quite sure how this was going to turn out. I didn't know if we would have oatmeal squares, crumbly oatmeal, or regular oatmeal. What we got was a creamy version, a more hearty version, of regular oatmeal. This was sweet and delicious. I served it with milk (in the bowl) and strawberries on top. Even Ella liked it! I have tons of oatmeal in the pantry and will definitely be making this again. The true test is going to be if Clay likes it. He's not an oatmeal fan, but I'm going to make him try this one! (**Update: Clay did like it. He enjoyed his bowl when he woke up!)



1-1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Toppings:
Milk
Berries (fresh or frozen- defrost frozen first)
Brown Sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the first 8 ingredients together and mix well. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the batter out evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Once out of the oven, use a spoon to scrape the oatmeal into a bowl. Serve with milk, warm berries and brown sugar.


Enjoy!



(adapted from Foodbuzz.com)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for emailing me this recipes. I am planning to make it for Saturday's breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to tell you thank you so much for all your recipes and hard work on this blog! I made this for my husband this morning! We both loved it, may even try different ways of making it! We love oatmeal! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am eating this as we speak and it's yummy! I added bananas in the mix and then put some maple syrup on the top...Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this for breakfast and it was great :) I used brown sugar instead of white. Didn't add any fruit....tasted like an oatmeal cookie :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete