Thursday, March 25, 2010

Feta Cheese Chicken Breasts

I get so tired of fixing chicken the same way. I buy a lot of chicken breasts, because when you can catch a sale they are very affordable for quick dinner options. So, finding new tasty ways to fix them is a happy day in my house! Not everybody is a fan of feta cheese. If you're wanting to branch out and try new cheeses, feta is a great place to start. Its a milder cheese (unlike blue cheese) and its great on salads. I found out tonight that its also great melted on top of tomatoes and a chicken breast! More like awesome. This is also a great meal to entertain with because it looks like it took you a lot longer to prepare than it really did. The presentation is pretty. Serve it with a green salad to really make the colors pop. Publix has their feta cheese on sale this week. I had chicken breasts in the freezer, and had cherry tomatoes leftover from the Bacon and Tomato Frittata. You will love this change on the chicken breast!



4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons Italian dressing
1 large Roma tomato, sliced (I used cherry tomatoes)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Preheat oven to broil. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pound chicken breasts slightly in a large zippy bag to even the thickness for easier cooking. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in skillet on one side for approximately 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip over. Baste the cooked side with Italian dressing. Cook for approximately 4-6 minutes. Place chicken in an oven safe dish (if your skillet isn't made to be put under the broiler- I don't know if any are!) Top chicken breasts with tomatoes and feta cheese. Place 4 inches under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with rice and green beans or a salad.


Enjoy!


(adapted from BettyCrocker.com)

4 comments:

  1. That looks really yummy!!! I didn't even notice the feta was on sale this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats a good deal for chicken breasts? I got two packages at WD the other week when it was BOGO. Is that the best deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when Publix puts them on sale for $1.99 lb. To me, that's a great deal. When Winn Dixie has then on sale its usually B1G1 @ $3.99 lb. so it ends up being pretty close. Sam's Club sometimes has them as cheap as $1.77 lb. but those are HUGE chicken breasts. I usually buy the B1G1 at Winn Dixie (and get 4 packages). The next time Publix has their sale, I will totally stock up. Its been a while, so I'm hoping it will be soon! Trim the fat off and put in individual zippy bags. Put them all in a larger freezer bag and then you just thaw what you need (in cold water in the sink).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this for my family for dinner tonight and we LOVED it! This is one for the recipe rotation for sure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete