Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cream Cheese Pancakes

Let's start this one out with a tip: ALWAYS read the recipe all the way through when planning your meals! I had intentions of making Cheesecake Pancakes. I read through the ingredients and knew I had everything to make them. Simple. I'll whip them up. Wrong! I was supposed to slice the cream cheese and allow it to sit in the freezer 8 HOURS or overnight! Well, that just wasn't going to happen this morning at 8:00! So, I started to look for a different cream cheese pancake recipe. I found one and combined the two together. The result was fantastic. I would rather have homemade pancakes over the frozen ones any day. The only thing frozen I will buy and actually enjoy is Eggo waffles. I guess it just brings back the feeling of childhood. These pancakes really aren't that much more difficult than whipping up some Bisquick. One of the original recipes called for self-rising flour (which I do not have) so I made my own and reflected it here in my adapted recipe. The maple syrup and strawberries added that perfect touch. I hope you enjoy these!



2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg
1-3/4 cup milk
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 oz. cream cheese, cubed (small)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture (or you could just use 2 cups self-rising flour and 2 tablespoons sugar).

Combine egg, milk, softened cream cheese, butter and vanilla, stirring well. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Add the small cubes of cream cheese and stir to mix in (you can slice the cream cheese and stick in the freezer while you're preparing the other ingredients so its easier to cube).

Pour 1/4 cup batter (or less) for each pancake onto a hot (over medium heat), lightly greased griddle pan. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges appear cooked; turn and cook other side (second side cooks much quicker). Serve pancakes with maple syrup and strawberries.

*I have made extra batches of pancakes and frozen the leftovers. That's one way I'll eat frozen pancakes :)



Enjoy!


(adapted from Southern Living and Betty Crocker)

2 comments:

  1. Made this with my girls....so good!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would also be so good with powdered sugar!

    ReplyDelete