Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pineapple Dessert Skewers

The Sara Lee Pound Cake was on sale this week at Publix (along with the pineapple) so I knew I had to give this one a try. The weather was great for grillin'! I must say though, that these did not turn out quite as yummy as I had hoped. Don't get me wrong, they were good, I just felt like they were missing something. So I added a little vanilla ice cream! I almost felt like the pound cake should have been soaked in something before I skewered them. I don't know what though. And if I soaked them, they might have even fallen apart. This is a great recipe to welcome Summer!



1 pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 frozen pound cake, slightly thawed, cut into 1-inch cubes
honey, for drizzling (optional)
vanilla ice cream (optional)

Soak 8 wooden skewers in water. Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Alternately thread 4 cubes each of pineapple and pound cake on each skewer. Grill, turning once, until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side (I got distracted with Emme so mine were on there a little longer!) Drizzle with honey or serve with vanilla ice cream...or both!



Enjoy!



(adapted from Rachael Ray Magazine)

6 comments:

  1. maybe if you serve them with a fruit dip it would be better. (cream cheese and marshmallow cream blended together is THE BEST)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I do a similar thing with cream cheese and cool whip. I might have to give the marshmallow cream a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a recipe on one of those cards that Publix gives out for "Chocolate mint cheesecake charlotte" that uses the pound cake in it...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if you added a little Caramel Sause Drizzle it would be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy...I would have never thought to use the grill for a dessert...love this site! Thank you for your creative ideas. I am going to try this out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best "fruit dips" I've ever eaten was also the easiest to make. Sour cream and crushed coconut macaroons! "That's it! Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours for the cookies to sofen and the flavors to mix. It would be so great with the pineapple!

    ReplyDelete