Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Menu 3/10

I have decided to cook from my pantry this week. There was nothing on sale at Publix that I needed and I see no sense in spending money when I don't have to! I have plenty in my pantry as you saw in my post, so I'm am going to make the most of it and cook dinner this week. I will have to go to the farmers market to get some veggies. Most everything else I have on-hand. I've got some yummy recipes coming this week for you!


Chicken Tetrazzini- Wednesday 3/10
Awesome Carrot Muffins- Thursday 3/11
Santa Fe Soup- Friday 3/12
Buttermilk Pancakes- Sunday 3/14
Sausage-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cheesy Polenta- Sunday 3/14
Chicken Parmesan Panini- Monday 3/15
White Bean Soup- Tuesday 3/16

Since I am not going by the Publix Sales Ad I am not going to do a breakdown of ingredients. If there is a recipe you'd like to see before I post it, e-mail me at fairhopefoodie (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll send you a list of ingredients. The Chicken Tetrazzini is in my freezer! The last time I made it I doubled the recipe, so I'm going to cook it Wednesday and post the recipe. We'll enjoy leftovers Thursday, so I wanted to post these great Carrot Muffins that I'll eat for breakfast the rest of the week (these also freeze well). We're having company Friday night, so soup is a great crowd pleaser and very easy to prepare. I've got my daughter's birthday party Saturday, so I'm taking the day off :) I have buttermilk leftover from the Avocado Pound Cake that needs to be used and I LOVE these buttermilk pancakes. Its a copycat recipe of Cracker Barrel's and they're so good! I also have the yellow cornmeal I bought for the pound cake and so I wanted to give polenta a try Sunday night. I am going to Publix to get the Flat-out bread to make the Panini's Monday night. We all have jars of spaghetti sauce stocked up, so Shannon from The Bargain Buggy helped me come up with this one. And I wanted to make use of all of the beans I stocked up on a couple of weeks ago so the White Bean Soup sounded yummy after a Monday at work.

I hope you enjoy this week. Its kind of nice to do it without structure! :)


Tonight its Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get the recipe for the sausage-stuffed chicken with cheesy polenta!!! Could you give a shopping list, so we could make it as soon as you post the recipe?! I hope so! I'm making my Publix run today or tomorrow and would LOVE to have all the ingredients on hand!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie- send me an email fairhopefoodie@gmail.com and I will send you the ingredient list. I've made the chicken before, but not the polenta. I'm hoping it turns out great! I hope you haven't already done your shopping...

    ReplyDelete